Would putting a 140mm fork on a 120/120mm bike affect seat tube angle and head tuble angle?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Would putting a 140mm fork on a 120/120mm bike affect seat tube angle and head tuble angle?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
I want to put a new fork with more travel but i'm worried it will mess up the geometry.

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
It will slacken both of them. Rule of thumb is 0.5° per 10mm, iirc.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
Yes it will. If you already have the longer fork you can try it and see how it goes. If you plan to buy a new fork, rule of thumb is that +10mm from stock is most times ok. One reason to avoid the longer fork is if your frame has a slack actual seat tube angle and you already feel you're over the rear wheel (mostly affects tall riders and older frames).

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
It also depends on the axle to crown measurement. There can be surprising differences so if the current axle to crown is on the longer side, a 140mm may not make a huge difference if it is less. If the current is short and the replacement long then you may find d the difference far more than you expect. Check all the dimensions before committing to a fork.

When I was looking at a replacement fork a Fox 36 had a longer axle to crown than the same travel Pike.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004924
Mobile Version of Website