Switch Infinity Link Q

PB Forum :: Yeti
Switch Infinity Link Q
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
Query:

Are all Switch Infinity links kashima coated? My initial thought was YES. However, I’m looking at getting a c2 build (non turq) of a 2021, and the pictures on yeti’s website between the c versions and turq versions look different in the SI. The C’s look as if they have the “performance” coating in black, while the new turq’s come with the “factory” coating in kashima. Can anyone confirm? I reached out to Yeti but they have yet to reply…

I had a 2017 sb5.5 non-turq and it had kashima…

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
I just received my C2 SB150 and the switch infinity components are not Kashima coated.
My bike even came with the factory suspension upgrade, but still no Kashima on the switch infinity.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
lifterAH wrote:
I just received my C2 SB150 and the switch infinity components are not Kashima coated.
My bike even came with the factory suspension upgrade, but still no Kashima on the switch infinity.

Thanks for the update. That is what I was afraid of. There’s always the debate if kashima really makes a difference, but it just sucks they are moving away from kashima for the C level bikes now.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 2:15 Quote
Tbh the amount the SI link costs, if they offer a replacement link in black and it saves you £100 I think it's not a bad move, Kashima might be better in a lab but in the real world it makes hardly any difference, there is such a high leverage rate at the Switch end anyway that it becomes irrelevent. Yeti could easily have made the link themselves, they got FOX to make it in Kashima for marketing purposes to make it look more appealing and their suspension design more sophisticated... This is coming from someone who has an SB165 so I'm not a hater of Yeti. In all honesty when my SI link wears out, if I don't change frame I will happily change to a cheaper black link given the ridiculous prices the replacements costs for no hit on performance.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006419
Mobile Version of Website