Solo bikepark days

PB Forum :: Downhill
Solo bikepark days
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 3:48 Quote
Hi, who rides park solo? Any advice for making it as fun as a day with friends? How do you make the most of it?

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
I ride solo.. I take quick short runs and breaks inbetween, let people pass and talk to other riders. Take pictures. bring a small tripod to get some video of yourself. Personally I find it more enjoyable in my older age riding solo. there's less pressure to keep up or pushing my self in more dangerous situations trying to go faster so I'm not slowing someone down. riding at my own pace is more relaxing.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
I ride solo at the park maybe 50% of the time due to my work schedule. When I have a solo day I tend to use it to scout lines and work on areas to improve. I can more easily repeat a feature or stop and analyze/focus on an area that I probably wouldn't if with a group. Its just as fun, but in a different way.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
I always ride solo. I tend to take 5-7 day trips to Angel Fire, Trestle, and Windrock. I tend to train pretty hard while not on the bike and I
use these trips as a way to work on getting faster.

I have also never really ridden with friends, so this is pretty easy for me.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
I can rarely schedule riding with friends due to them always changing plans on me. So I ride bike park on my own. I use this time to increase my pace, work on skills, and explore. Riding on your own is fun and at bike park you can often meet new people to ride with.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
Solo all the way. When others join in, somebody always gets hurt for some reason…..

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
KK11 wrote:
Solo all the way. When others join in, somebody always gets hurt for some reason…..

indeed

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 20:20 Quote
90% solo I do the trail I want the pace I want, I tend to like to do trails non stop so less brakes means more laps and you can take single lane for lift. I'm happy to ride with others but it's hard sometimes to find friends with similar skills and type of riding.

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 14:50 Quote
I ride solo 90% of the time and I like it. I can go my own pace and ride the trails I want. Riding with friends can be fun for sure. One guy I ride with sometimes has a tendency to push his limits and crash his brains out, which can jeopardize the day or the trip. Makes me nervous.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006859
Mobile Version of Website