Do you own a YT Decoy MX or 29? Love to hear from you!

PB Forum :: eMTB
Do you own a YT Decoy MX or 29? Love to hear from you!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 14:37 Quote
Hey gang! I'm ready to take the eBike plunge and really like the value and reported (haven't ridden one) ride of the YT Decoy. If you have one of these bikes how are you liking it? How is the fit? Their frame sizing and reach numbers aren't typical these days. Since they are factory direct it really hard to find one to sit on. Anyone in the Seattle area willing to meet up and let me check theirs out?
I am 5'11 240lb so I am right between L and XL on their site. Torn between MX and 29 as well. Maybe we could dink around at Duthie or something? Thanks!

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 16:12 Quote
Don't own one but put about 100 miles on one last weekend. It was a 2021 29'er and I would absolutely buy one. Road a mix of jump lines (around the YT Ranch / San Clemente, CA) and big mountain tracks (near Big Bear) and the bike was rock solid. I have a Santa Cruz Hightower LT and besides the weight the bike felt very similar. It was heavy, 50lbs, but the motor was very powerful and lasted for over 4000 ft. of elevation before it needed a charged. I normally ride a Med, but I could only get a LG, and the bike did not feel that much bigger than my SC. I have ridden a Specialized Levo and I like this bike better, less nimble, but it smashed everything insight and asked for more. My only concern, it would be with any ebike, let alone a DTC brand, is warranty and longevity.

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
I own the mullet version. It’s simply the best bike I’ve owned. It’s perfect for « down hill » section. A bit heavy for technical XC trails but very efficient going uphill.
I’m selling my 2019 CF Pro to buy another one.

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 19:13 Quote
I’ve parking lot tested both the Lg and XL
Mx decoy. I currently own a Lg Capra and it felt almost identical. As for size, I ended up ordering a Lg. I’m about 5’10” with really long legs and a shorter torso. My buddy is the same height but short legs/long torso and the XL would be better for him. Just for reference, when he drives my car, he has to put the seat a few inches forward.
Hope this helps!

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 21:52 Quote
I'm also very seriously considering the Decoy 29. I'm 6'3". Seems like XL is the way to go, but L not out of the question?

I'm undecided between the Core 2 and Core 3 builds. Is it obvious that I should just pony up and get the better build for $1,000 more?

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
I'm also looking at the 29. Decided to get the Core 3. Seems like decent value upgrade over the Core 2. $1500 difference in Australia.

Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
ShakeyDeal wrote:
I'm also very seriously considering the Decoy 29. I'm 6'3". Seems like XL is the way to go, but L not out of the question?

I'm undecided between the Core 2 and Core 3 builds. Is it obvious that I should just pony up and get the better build for $1,000 more?

At your height, I really think you are better off w an XL

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:37 Quote
I'm 6'1" and just ordered an xxl mx core 2.

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
I’ve had (2) Decoys. A 2019 low end model and a 2021 gucci Elite. I didnt think Id enjoy the gucci build as much as I did.

Im 5’10” and rode a L and a Medium. The medium is what I bought. They’re plow bikes and mow over most things. I set them both up with the flip chip to run steeper head angles because they werent as fun in the trails slacked out. My down hill days are behind me and single track are my go to. These bikes were a bit much weight and travel wise.

Ill be dropping down to a 150mm lighter weight Canyon Spectral On and hope to get the agility and popyness back. I like smaller playful bikes more than couches. The YT is a couch on the trail and makes everything a bit too flat.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 6:23 Quote
I ordered a decoy mx, haven't received it yet. I really like geo numbers on paper, like the price tag compared to the gen 3 levo I was thinking about.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005363
Mobile Version of Website