Progression from Loon MTN - Burke, Killington or Highland?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Progression from Loon MTN - Burke, Killington or Highland?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 6:13 Quote
Been having a great time at loon this year. First season hitting a bike park. Comfortably hitting everything there, even getting some air on the Derailleur and Cinder jumps in my old age. Not big air or anything, and I don't have that whip going yet, but I'm enjoying it.

Anyways as the title states, I'm looking for the next place to step up too. I'm thinking Burke because it's close and cheap but there only seem to be a handful of intermediate trails. Not that the all the black trails scare me or anything, I ride the blacks on our local trails, but I don't wanna be slowing folks down while I take it easy.

Thoughts?

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
Lavacon wrote:
Been having a great time at loon this year. First season hitting a bike park. Comfortably hitting everything there, even getting some air on the Derailleur and Cinder jumps in my old age. Not big air or anything, and I don't have that whip going yet, but I'm enjoying it.

Anyways as the title states, I'm looking for the next place to step up too. I'm thinking Burke because it's close and cheap but there only seem to be a handful of intermediate trails. Not that the all the black trails scare me or anything, I ride the blacks on our local trails, but I don't wanna be slowing folks down while I take it easy.

Thoughts?
Highland is great. I'm a very novice rider but they have a nice selection of greens and blues and the blacks have b-lines on every gnarly feature.

Personally I like to go for the Wens/Thurs duro nights because there are far fewer people riding and no one is smashing it on a DH bike...

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
Thunder Mountain 100%

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
Lavacon wrote:

Thoughts?
Don’t be afraid of blacks at Burke. They groom the heck out of everything. Trails flow, at times almost wouldn’t think you’re in NE, hardly any roots or rocks. Overall definitely not the most technical riding in NE, that said lots of really fun riding.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005318
Mobile Version of Website