DH races in the Olympics

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH races in the Olympics
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
Why do the Olympics only have xc races? Nobody wants to watch that we wanna watch dh races and freeride comps in the Olympics

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
gusbus432 wrote:
Why do the Olympics only have xc races? Nobody wants to watch that we wanna watch dh races and freeride comps in the Olympics

Freeride comps would suck because it's all subjective and points based, and I'm not sure there's much freeriding to be had in the village. There's probably not enough elevation for a DH race, and shuttles to the top will massively hinder the "green" approach they have been doing for the games.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
xxinsert-name-herexx wrote:
gusbus432 wrote:

Freeride comps would suck because it's all subjective and points based, and I'm not sure there's much freeriding to be had in the village. There's probably not enough elevation for a DH race, and shuttles to the top will massively hinder the "green" approach they have been doing for the games.

I keep hearing that chicken poo excuse of venue location. well, there's no ocean in the village for surfing. Japan has a few bike parks so yes, totally doable. much like when the Olympics return to L.A.. Mammoth or Big Bear are available. Winter Olympics has XC, DH and DS... so why not the summer Olympics? money and fear. They have Darts, billiards, ping pong.. all the need is shuffle board and corn hole to get all the bar games in there. Should probably add beer pong to the list as well. Overall, I think the IOC are a bunch of old stuckup d-bags.

http://www.fujimipanorama.com/mtb/en/#en-course

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
Yeah Olympics are kinda weird. At least they haven't added eSports yet.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005133
Mobile Version of Website