Float X2 settings

PB Forum :: Downhill
Float X2 settings
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
hi all,
new to fox factory suspensions (always been a RS guy), so was wondering if you guys could throw out some of your current DH settings for a Float X2 if your riding weight is around 195# +/-. I know all bikes progression is different but at least this may help a little.

Im asking you guys because i have a riding weight of 195# and I have the pressure up to 215PSI and still getting too much sag and blowing through the travel fairly easily. i ride a Propain Rage and currently have settings at: 215 PSI, 14 LSC, 11 HSC, 12 LSR, 10 HSR.

thanks!

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
alaskarider89 wrote:
hi all,
new to fox factory suspensions (always been a RS guy), so was wondering if you guys could throw out some of your current DH settings for a Float X2 if your riding weight is around 195# +/-. I know all bikes progression is different but at least this may help a little.

Im asking you guys because i have a riding weight of 195# and I have the pressure up to 215PSI and still getting too much sag and blowing through the travel fairly easily. i ride a Propain Rage and currently have settings at: 215 PSI, 14 LSC, 11 HSC, 12 LSR, 10 HSR.

thanks!


First things first.
get the sag right...
no matter what pressure it takes.

then try 12lsc, 10hsc, 10lsr, 10hsr.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 10:05 Quote
englertracing wrote:
alaskarider89 wrote:
hi all,
new to fox factory suspensions (always been a RS guy), so was wondering if you guys could throw out some of your current DH settings for a Float X2 if your riding weight is around 195# +/-. I know all bikes progression is different but at least this may help a little.

Im asking you guys because i have a riding weight of 195# and I have the pressure up to 215PSI and still getting too much sag and blowing through the travel fairly easily. i ride a Propain Rage and currently have settings at: 215 PSI, 14 LSC, 11 HSC, 12 LSR, 10 HSR.

thanks!


First things first.
get the sag right...
no matter what pressure it takes.

then try 12lsc, 10hsc, 10lsr, 10hsr.

copy that, an I know that's the usual way to get it started...was just bothered by how much more PSI its requiring for that than how fox says "PSI to match your body weight". didnt think I would be over 30 PSI higher than that and still not getting my 30% sag. but ill keep bumping it up and also give your adjustments a try. thanks!

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 17:58 Quote
Set it in the trash

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 18:45 Quote
the fox settings are for the default retail shocks with standard tunes...
suspension ratio/curve plays a huge roll in shock sag, for e.g fox x2 pressure for me should be 35 psi higher, if i pump my x2 up that much more i cannot even get 10% sag.

the only recommended settings for anything suspension tuning should be the fork, the shock is a whole different party animal, minus norco as below

thats why Norco did the ride aligned system as the shocks are tuned to suit their suspension and how they want the shock to perform i.e running alot of air in a norco sight with a high ratio for example.(ie up to 50psi more than a stock/more common ratio)

Personally im not a fan of X2 shocks especially with all the adjustments, just gets confusing as HSC helps support bottom out too, im a fan of coil with LSC/LSR or air with the same.(incl lockout/climb) which again is why i like RS stuff.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
the fox settings are for the default retail shocks with standard tunes...
suspension ratio/curve plays a huge roll in shock sag, for e.g fox x2 pressure for me should be 35 psi higher, if i pump my x2 up that much more i cannot even get 10% sag.

the only recommended settings for anything suspension tuning should be the fork, the shock is a whole different party animal, minus norco as below

thats why Norco did the ride aligned system as the shocks are tuned to suit their suspension and how they want the shock to perform i.e running alot of air in a norco sight with a high ratio for example.(ie up to 50psi more than a stock/more common ratio)

Personally im not a fan of X2 shocks especially with all the adjustments, just gets confusing as HSC helps support bottom out too, im a fan of coil with LSC/LSR or air with the same.(incl lockout/climb) which again is why i like RS stuff.

yea I wasn't really intending to get the factory suspension since im not a fan of fine tuning ride quality but its the only build kit they had. im also a rear coil die hard (especially on DH) but figured I would give the X2 a shot for one season before swapping to the DHX2. I appreciate the input on the advice...I shall keep tuning and see where it goes haha

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
alaskarider89 wrote:

yea I wasn't really intending to get the factory suspension since im not a fan of fine tuning ride quality but its the only build kit they had. im also a rear coil die hard (especially on DH) but figured I would give the X2 a shot for one season before swapping to the DHX2. I appreciate the input on the advice...I shall keep tuning and see where it goes haha
Put anther spacer in it and run the recommended compression/rebound, i think youll find youll like less rebound.

find a small tech/fast trail that easily lappable many times ie one that only goes for 30seconds or so.
make adjustments each run down an see how it feels.. thats what i do on every new shock i get as i know that trail will be similar to what i ride everywhere(just short not long) dont go to a new trail and start adjusting... as you go you will ride the trail better and the changes wouldve ment nothing.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
alaskarider89 wrote:
englertracing wrote:
alaskarider89 wrote:
hi all,
new to fox factory suspensions (always been a RS guy), so was wondering if you guys could throw out some of your current DH settings for a Float X2 if your riding weight is around 195# +/-. I know all bikes progression is different but at least this may help a little.

Im asking you guys because i have a riding weight of 195# and I have the pressure up to 215PSI and still getting too much sag and blowing through the travel fairly easily. i ride a Propain Rage and currently have settings at: 215 PSI, 14 LSC, 11 HSC, 12 LSR, 10 HSR.

thanks!


First things first.
get the sag right...
no matter what pressure it takes.

then try 12lsc, 10hsc, 10lsr, 10hsr.

copy that, an I know that's the usual way to get it started...was just bothered by how much more PSI its requiring for that than how fox says "PSI to match your body weight". didnt think I would be over 30 PSI higher than that and still not getting my 30% sag. but ill keep bumping it up and also give your adjustments a try. thanks!

That's a terrible rule of thumb as it's entirely up to the leverage ratio.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005002
Mobile Version of Website