Bike light recommend for Night Time Riding

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Bike light recommend for Night Time Riding
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 0:48 Quote
I usually ride to work in the early morning, and need a set of good bike front and rear lights.
Also I'm crazy about enduro rides, about 1-2 hours after sunset.
Any suggestion for good bike light. Better to be able to mount on helmet.
I heard about Magicshine Ray 2600. Has anyone been using it ?

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
I run Niterider Enduro lights

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 1:53 Quote
Lupine Piko. Super happy with it
The hope R2 looks interesting as well, but never seen it up close.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
I like Hope lights, R8 on the bars and R4+ on my helmet. I ride twice a week in the dark in winter for up to 4 hours. Most of my mates use exposure lights but I prefer to have a remote battery pack. The advantages are the ability to mix and match batteries and less weight on the bars. With hope you can attach a splitter cable and run their commuter rear light which is superb off the same battery pack as the front light. The R8 is good for road use as it has a pretty dim setting so you don’t blind traffic, better than the R4 in that respect.

The R4 makes a great helmet light as it’s really compact and you can choose either a 2 or 4 cell battery.

Helmet light is more important than a bar light if you are only buying 1.

I’ve used magic shine and uk bikelight stuff in the past and they have been good, the hope stuff is just better made and more reliable but at significantly more cost.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
Without a doubt, these are the best bike lights I've ever used. I've used NiteRider, Hope, and a bunch of others. But these are cheap, have a great battery, and the mount is perfect. Plus, they are self-contained--external battery packs for lights suck.

I personally run one on the handlebar and other one on my helmet. I got a GoPro mount for the helmet and glued the proper adapter to the the bottom of the light (ghetto, but sturdy).

No wires, no shitty straps, TONS of light, and they're small enough to put in your pocket just in case.

It's perfection.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
Exposure Lights, self contained and utterly bomb proof. They aren't cheap but ultimately great value.
Joystick or Axis on the helmet then a Max D or 6 Pack on the bar. Even a Diablo is great for shorter rides.

Even a Strada gives a good amount of light.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
Niterider front and rear has served me well. Very bright. Rechargeable. Lasts a long time on one charge.
https://www.niterider.com/collections/cycling/products/lumina-1000-boost-and-sabre-80-combo

Highly recommend a second light for the helmet mount. Also Niterider.

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
mark-p wrote:
Exposure Lights, self contained and utterly bomb proof. They aren't cheap but ultimately great value.
Joystick or Axis on the helmet then a Max D or 6 Pack on the bar. Even a Diablo is great for shorter rides.

Even a Strada gives a good amount of light.

I’ll second that, plus great after service,

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005316
Mobile Version of Website