Fox Float X2 too firm?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox Float X2 too firm?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
Is anyone else having the experience of a 2021 Float X2 having too firm compression damping? If so has anyone figured out any solutions? I am currently running a V2 Pivot Switchblade with an X2 from the Evil Offering which has the CL002 compression shim stack which looks like it's even lighter than the standard CL stack. It has the BV3 compression adjust assembly, trying to figure out the difference between that and the CM assembly if there is any.

I have had a hard time getting the shock to feel compliant and balanced with the fork without running more than 30% sag which I would prefer to avoid. It does however feel like it has more control for bigger bumps like I hoped for....

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
This is a known issue with some X2's. Believe it is down to an overly stiff spring on the poppet valves. In general there isn't much you can do, though a few tuners may be able to help you get something a bit more supple. Failing that I would switch to coil or another air can from the likes of DVO who tend to produce shocks on the less damped side of the spectrum.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 8:19 Quote
Yup, I had the same issue. It was either way too harsh, or was too soft. I got tired of messing with it and bought a coil. Problem solved.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
Matt7082 wrote:
Yup, I had the same issue. It was either way too harsh, or was too soft. I got tired of messing with it and bought a coil. Problem solved.

Exactly the same here. Never looked back

Posted: Apr 4, 2023 at 19:14 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
This is a known issue with some X2's. Believe it is down to an overly stiff spring on the poppet valves. In general there isn't much you can do, though a few tuners may be able to help you get something a bit more supple. Failing that I would switch to coil or another air can from the likes of DVO who tend to produce shocks on the less damped side of the spectrum.

does the 2021 float X2 have stiff poppet springs?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008887
Mobile Version of Website