Hightower size advise.....

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Hightower size advise.....
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 15:53 Quote
Hey, just looking for some input on sizing.

Im 6'1 and presently ride a XL 2020 Stumpjumper ST with 470 reach and a 1232 wheelbase. I just ordered a large Hightower as it has similar numbers. However, the bikeshop just called and suggested I consider an XL. I like the fit of my Stumpjumper, but since it's a vastly different bike I fiqured I see what other people experience has been.

I have a few days to decide as the bikes not ready yet.

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 20:29 Quote
6' and I was on a Large '19 Stumpjumper ST. Felt it was a little small and traded for '20 XL Tallboy. I am more comfortable on the TB. With Santa Cruz making 5 frame sizes, the L and XL can run a little smaller than other makes that try to fit everyone with 4 sizes. I think your shop is steering you in the right direction.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 7:11 Quote
im 5'10" and the large feels great to me. At your height id go XL unless you ride tight technical trails.

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
I'm 6' on a L HT2 and loving it. Coming off an XL 2020 Orbea Occam (500 mm reach with 150 fork) that i found to be nice in wide open downhill stuff but not so much in the tight techy stuff that I ride the most. That said, I'm faster downhill on the Hightower than on the Occam on my home trails according to Strava..

I'd say it depends a lot on your riding and sizing preference.

Posted: Aug 24, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
sernevi wrote:
I'm 6' on a L HT2 and loving it. Coming off an XL 2020 Orbea Occam (500 mm reach with 150 fork) that i found to be nice in wide open downhill stuff but not so much in the tight techy stuff that I ride the most. That said, I'm faster downhill on the Hightower than on the Occam on my home trails according to Strava..

Went with the large and couldn't be happier as It's super playful and crazy fast around corners. As well, the reach and wheelbase are pretty much identical to my 2020 XL stumpjumber so I like the familiar feel. However, the ETT is about an inch shorter which took some getting used to. But, after some tinkering with the cookpit I got it dialed in.

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 23:47 Quote
Barks82 wrote:
sernevi wrote:

Went with the large and couldn't be happier as It's super playful and crazy fast around corners. As well, the reach and wheelbase are pretty much identical to my 2020 XL stumpjumber so I like the familiar feel. However, the ETT is about an inch shorter which took some getting used to. But, after some tinkering with the cookpit I got it dialed in.

Good to hear! That was my first impression as well; Holy hell the bike gets around corners. If you wrestle it like you're used to with the "barge" you come from it's like being some kind of super hero in the turns

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004977
Mobile Version of Website