Zeb 170mm suspension setup

PB Forum :: SRAM
Zeb 170mm suspension setup
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 5:00 Quote
I’m a 83kg rider. Running the zeb 170mm. RS reccomendations putting me at 62-63 psi -8 rebound. Found this to be a bit firm. Dropped it down to around 56-57 psi -9 rebound. Yet to get out to test. As for LSC and HSC not sure where to start with this.
Opinions, similar rider settings welcomed

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 12:14 Quote
About 88-90kg riding weight, 170 zeb ult. Also curious how others are setting theirs up.

Still playing around with pressure, spacers, and damper settings. Trying to take the edge off the small high speed bumps, but everything else seems pretty good. maybe I'm asking too much of an air fork.

Maybe a smashpot coil conversion would give me some small bump traction/sensitivity without a big compromise somewhere else

Posted: Aug 8, 2021 at 0:09 Quote
195 pounds/89kg geared up, Zeb Ultimate at 170. Running 68 psi, -8 rebound, 1 click of hsc, 4 clicks of lsc, added a volume spacer for a total of 2. Still tinkering but feels good.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 0:19 Quote
Still tinkering, down to 65 PSI, feels better yet. Might drop to 60 and move up from there. As a note, I like my suspension a bit on the stiff side.

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Slowly increasing my pressure to see if I can keep the fork a bit higher in its travel in the steeps. Bottomed it out pretty good on a small huck to flat at 58psi with 2 clicks HSC. Trying 62 psi next. Trying avoid a setup that blows through early/mid stroke travel so holding off adding more volume spacers for now

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 4:41 Quote
@sdaly What do you consider a “small huck to flat”?

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 6:00 Quote
Maybe a 5 footer. I'm at 68 psi now and the fork actually feels better. Started with the LSC open and slowly working my way in until I can feel it.

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 16:46 Quote
Copy. 65 felt better than 68 to me. 55 felt a bit too compliant for my taste. Gonna try 60 next and keep bracketing until I find a sweet spot. I think I’ve found my upper and lower limits so maybe now it becomes more terrain dependent?

Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 17:33 Quote
Yea. I think because my local terrain is quite steep I probably ride quite heavy on the front end.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
First thing to do with your zeb is pull the airshaft out and ensure the hole in the air piston head is aligned with the hole in the shaft. If its not which will most probably be the case your small bump compliance will be compromised so get them aligned. Another top tip from a local suspension expert is to build the fork compressed. In other words when you do a lower leg service compress the fork to bottom out and slip a zip tie between the stanchions and wiper seal to let out the built up pressure in the lowers. After doing this you will find you need to run higher air pressure.

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 4:58 Quote
The initial stroke on my zeb feels harsh, traction over roots is not very good, dropped the air pressure a couple pounds lower then recommend, slowed rebound a couple clicks and run the compression fully open. Didn't help

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005027
Mobile Version of Website