What should I buy

PB Forum :: Downhill
What should I buy
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
I am looking for a new bike and I have a budget for a top spec mtb but I don’t have the ability to choose.I have a mondraker summum 2014 with full saint groupset and overall very good parts and now i try to choose between the YT TUES CF PRO RACE and the MONDRAKER SUMMUM RR.It’s so complicated because both brands are very good but the yt looks like it’s with better parts for that price (full carbon and x01 drivetrain)
And it’s even with a Carbon frame and it’s lighter.The Mondraker comes with lifetime warranty of the frame and it looks better but i wonder which feels better and which is overall better.Don’t write short answers , thank you!

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
if you have got the money probably go for the summum, but I'm not the most knowledged guy so see what other people put

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
I’ve got a pro race 27.5 and yes it’s very nice parts on a decent frame. With less than a season of riding I had to replace the lower headset bearings and the bottom bracket bearings. I do ride in mud and full on dusty conditions so I don’t really blame YT, it is what it is. The x2 shock died within a year so that was rebuilt for free by Fox, the 40 factory fork is ok but nothing great. My last bike had Saint drivetrain and X01 definitely feels different but it also very good. The frame itself is tough to get clean down by the shock after a properly muddy ride. The paint has held up really well (dark grey and white) and I didn’t bother with a full protection kit. There’s a very small amount of cable rattle with the brake hose but I haven’t bothered fixing it.

As for how it rides, it’s more fun on fast jump trails and big drops and not as good for me in tech. I think the wheels (e13 carbon dh) are too stiff.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005363
Mobile Version of Website