close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

What size race bmx for 6’3” rider?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What size race bmx for 6’3” rider?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
Last time I was racing bmx was in 1994 when I was a 9yo.
I’ve been riding trails and light downhill for the past two years.
And now I want to pkck up racing bmx again.

Tbe bighest issue is I can’t seem to find a decent bike for my height.

I’ve been offered a brand new 2018 Redline Flight Pro XXL for CAD1800.

I’m a bit reluctant on the size and the price for a 4 year old model.

Any opinions welcome.

I am based in Toronto, ON, Canada

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
Worst case scenario, give it a ride, but you'll probably want to take it for a decent ride, that way you can see if there's any discomfort. Might be difficult due to the nature of a private sale, you'll have to see what the seller is willing to let you do.

edit- It does look fairly small after searching

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
I ride a Pro XXL and I’m 5’10”. I know a kid who is 6’7” and he rides a Pro XXXXL (can’t remember the brand, but he tells me that is the longest frame he could find). Your height is right between mine and this kid’s, so I’d say to try to find a Pro XXXL. That’s probably a tough search to find in stock or for sale on the private market.

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 6:23 Quote
ObviousAlias wrote:
I ride a Pro XXL and I’m 5’10”. I know a kid who is 6’7” and he rides a Pro XXXXL (can’t remember the brand, but he tells me that is the longest frame he could find). Your height is right between mine and this kid’s, so I’d say to try to find a Pro XXXL. That’s probably a tough search to find in stock or for sale on the private market.

Funny enough - I just stumbled across this Pro XXXL sized bike on FB marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/363390262211692/?media_id=1&ref=share_attachment

I have no connection to the seller and know nothing about the bike other that what is listed in the description or shown in the pictures, but that is (most likely) the right size for you.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 18:44 Quote
At that height I would get a least a xxxl or maybe even a xxxxl frame. Meybo or Radio or Speedco all make frames that are over 22 inch top tube.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005728
Mobile Version of Website