141 QR rear in 148 boost frame.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
141 QR rear in 148 boost frame.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
Does anyone know of an adaptor that will screw into 148 boost rear frame so 141 QR wheel can be used?

From what i understand Marin bikes uses adapter like that so they don't have to produce separate frame with QR dropout
Basically you screw the adapter in the frame that is QR hole dimension, then unscrew QR skewer from the wheel then slide the wheel in. Then slide QR Skewer, tighten the nut then tighten QR.

I have cheap 141 QR wheel from last bike just sitting there and it would be nice to be able to use it as backup.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 14:26 Quote
You'll want to be careful with that, since there's a good chance that 1) your frame is structurally dependent on the12x148 axle and 2) the hub spacing will make it impossible to fit the brake disc in the caliper.

Look up the hub make/model, and look at what kits are available for converting its axle type and end caps. Worst case, get in touch with the manufacturer and get their input.

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 6:04 Quote
No experience of a frame alteration which sounds suspect but I’ve done it by swapping the wheel endcaps to give 148 spacing and thru axle compatibility. The wheel has to be re dished also. To go down that route you’d need to see if the hub can be modded in such a way.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005427
Mobile Version of Website