Bike park suggestions: Sun Peaks vs Kicking Horse

PB Forum :: Downhill
Bike park suggestions: Sun Peaks vs Kicking Horse
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 16:41 Quote
Hey riders and riderettes,

My sweetie and I are doing a road trip in Sept to Whistler. On the way back we'd like to hit up either Sun Peaks or Kicking Horse.

At Whistler our favorite trail is "Crank it up" We're not into drops and massive jumps. We like flow mostly.

Of Sun Peaks or Kicking Horse which would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance.

And if it matters, we're old enough to be almost cool on a bike again. Both 50's. I've been riding since bikes were invented and she's new, 2nd year riding but we went to Whistler last year and had a blast. 4th trip for me, 2nd for her.

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
I have not been to Kicking Horse yet but I have been to Sun Peaks and would recommend it.

If Crank It Up is your favorite in Whistler, you will like Canada Line and Bermalade.

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
DugS wrote:
I have not been to Kicking Horse yet but I have been to Sun Peaks and would recommend it.

If Crank It Up is your favorite in Whistler, you will like Canada Line and Bermalade.

Thanks. I'm told Kicking Horse has a risk of early snow because of its elevation....

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
If it's an option, consider Silverstar (Vernon) there are several flow trails at various skill levels.
They even list how many berms and jumps are on each run.

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
twenty221 wrote:
DugS wrote:

Thanks. I'm told Kicking Horse has a risk of early snow because of its elevation....

Kicking horse has closed early September in prior years. Its got a lot of elevation, but a lot of rocky tech too. If you're more into the flow, I would say go for Silver Star as previously recommended

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
I haven’t been to kicking horse or silverstar bike parks but regarding sun peaks and whistler, I ride sun peaks all the time and as dugs mentioned canada line - i prefer canada line over crank it up to ride but honestly if it were a holiday id rather an extra day in whistler over hitting up sun peaks for a day. I love sun peaks but whistler is just so big and has the amazing village as well. Stoke climb at revelstoke and then the biggest flowtrail down is pretty impressive and worth it for a day if the weather is good.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005165
Mobile Version of Website