DD vs dh casing

PB Forum :: Downhill
DD vs dh casing
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 22:19 Quote
Probably been asked before but any "major" differences between DD vs dh casing? I'm running right now dhf DD front on a wao union rim and a dissector dh on a wao strife rim but tired of short maxx grip life and no Maxx terra on dh casing, so thinking a DD rear. I'm mostly park jump guy with occasional tech stuff but never race. I'm only 160lbs fully geared and my dh bike is way lighter than usual. Any thoughts?

Posted: Aug 14, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
Side walls are similar.
But the dd is thinner under the tread.

Posted: Aug 14, 2021 at 12:14 Quote
englertracing wrote:
Side walls are similar.
But the dd is thinner under the tread.

Thanks I see commencal furious come stock with DD front and rear so I'll give the aggressor a go when my dissector is worn.

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 11:09 Quote
Would I feel differences in support for a rear tire between DD and DH casing?

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
There’s a minion DHF available in DH casing/ dual compound you might want to try.

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
Henrygoesfastsometimes wrote:
Would I feel differences in support for a rear tire between DD and DH casing?

You can run 1-2 psi less with a dh case and it feels like slower rebound.
But it's a pretty minor change compared to the feel between an exo and a dh

Posted: Jun 29, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
norcalbike wrote:
There’s a minion DHF available in DH casing/ dual compound you might want to try.

Or single 60a compound. Rolls fast. Great on the back in summer.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
After trying both I dint see a difference in support. But will never use maxx grip on rear ever again, wear out way too fast and slow rolling. Aggressor DD feels great and will try a old griffin 2.3 maxx terra DD just for fun. Seems a great hardpack tire.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
I feel like the difference DD vs DH casing is pretty minimal, but important at those higher margins of performance and puncture protection. If you don't like maxxgripp in the rear then I would try DD.

I prefer maxxgrip/DH casing in the rear but definitely pay a penalty with weight and longevity.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
I ask this out of ignorance... between the DD and DH, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of additional puncture resistance, just better sidewall support. Wouldn't running an insert give better sidewall support to the DD and open up the compound options you are looking for?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005961
Mobile Version of Website