Most playfull enduro bikes?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Most playfull enduro bikes?
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
im going to go against the grain a little here, most modern trail bikes have big reaches... Look more at All-Mountain bikes, these usally are middle ground between trail and enduro.
Several brands have taken the "long" part of the modern enduro geo too seriously, yes looking at you commencal.

Look at EWS top riders and their bikes, yes they are racing but most enduro tracks are reasonably tight so an agile bike is ideal, jack moir looks like a giant on his, as does richie rude.
Sam hill the most famous enduro racer: "im not getting any bigger so why should my bike"

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 17:24 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
im going to go against the grain a little here, most modern trail bikes have big reaches... Look more at All-Mountain bikes, these usally are middle ground between trail and enduro.
Several brands have taken the "long" part of the modern enduro geo too seriously, yes looking at you commencal.

Look at EWS top riders and their bikes, yes they are racing but most enduro tracks are reasonably tight so an agile bike is ideal, jack moir looks like a giant on his, as does richie rude.
Sam hill the most famous enduro racer: "im not getting any bigger so why should my bike"

This. this. this.
I bought my Marin alpine XR taking into account playfulness with ability to plow. slack as, but short. love it so much.
It's probably the best "seated" position on any bike ive ever ridden, very upright.

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 5:17 Quote
Thanks for all the posts. Has anyone riden the Evil Following V3 by any chance?

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:

I think that Sam Hill was referring to the size of the cockpit and staying on size Medium.

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
Neth009 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

I think that Sam Hill was referring to the size of the cockpit and staying on size Medium.

He was directly replying to the fact of the new mega having more reach and longer wheelbase about what size he was using.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
noideamtber wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

This. this. this.
I bought my Marin alpine XR taking into account playfulness with ability to plow. slack as, but short. love it so much.
It's probably the best "seated" position on any bike ive ever ridden, very upright.

Nice. I Just put a depo on the carbon version. Gonna about a coil on it and good to shred. Can’t wait!

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 17:26 Quote
nice, with coil put your info into a spring calc as its very low leverage

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
My biased pick because I own one is the Rocky Mountain Altitude. Head tube is a bit steeper than most enduro bikes, but ride 9 lets you pick different leverage curves and geometries, and the chain stay is adjustable to short/long. However, the overall wheelbase is pretty long.

My other votes would be for the Evil or Kona enduro rigs as they tend to run shorter chain stays.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 14:04 Quote
Just gonna throw the Revel Rail in the mix. i have ridden alot of bikes and currently have a DH, trail, and do all fun bike. The Rail is the do all fun bike and its pretty light but is sooooo playful and fun. Easily takes the cake as the most fun ive ever had on a bike. Might not be as burly as some of the full tilt enduro bikes like the Nukeproof Mega/ Giga or Commencal Meta AM but it climbs much better than them and has the suspension to keep up on the gnarly stuff.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013250
Mobile Version of Website