Why am I rooting against Thibuat

PB Forum :: UCI DH World Cup
Why am I rooting against Thibuat
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 20:54 Quote
I have no idea why I'm rooting against him because he is a brilliant rider. With that said I don't feel like I'm the only one that feels like his "charging" or "reckless" style is a determent After this weeks Maribor race hopefully it's not necessary. I don't want to watch a Gladiator style event where riders throw themselves at the mountain and whoever is willing to risk their life wins, I would rather watch riders that make it look "easy" even though I know it's not, for example Loris and Bruni's runs turned out. I like to watch controlled, calculated and precise runs. If I'm the only one thinking this while watching the races please let me know but I just don't want to see riders risking their lives on the weekend but maybe that's what people want? I don't know, I would love to see some discussion.

Posted: Mar 17, 2022 at 3:42 Quote
Yeah, I feel similarly. I don't want careless be the winning formula. I'd prefer calculated skill. However, I do have younger mates who ride with the same reckless vigour and expect them to hit the jumps first, then tow me in. Wink
The injury rate handicaps them enough to have the steady and calculated riders able to keep up over the long term (season).
I reckon racing like Diprela will only be an advantage on certain tracks anyway

Posted: Mar 17, 2022 at 3:45 Quote
Looking forward to seeing how he goes this season though.

Posted: Mar 17, 2022 at 8:20 Quote
Literally can not wait for the season to start!

Im actually a huge fan of T-BO and all the frenchies. For that matter, Im a huge fan of every single WC DH racer.

I did used to think Thibaut and Pieron were pushing it to reckless levels, but I dont see it like that anymore. I think we're seeing the result of year long sport specific training and massive talent.

Now, track design is and area that concerns me for riders...

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 1:38 Quote
I agree with te OP's sentiment.
Racing is great even without the flaming crashes. Not sure why I'm not a Duprela fan, and maybe OP nailed for me. On the other hand him being (even) younger than Bruni Vergier and Peron reminds me how kids simply crash more.

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 1:50 Quote
Is so good to have racing back! I don't appreciate the looonng break till Ft.Bill, but it was great having this early start.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 22:38 Quote
He’s also a little arrogant…?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014604
Mobile Version of Website