2021 Rift Zone 2 Creaking

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
2021 Rift Zone 2 Creaking
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 10:15 Quote
I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem. Last Saturday I bought a brand new 2021 Rift Zone 2. That evening took it on a mellow ride and heard a slight creak occasionally. I had pulled the seat up significantly and figured it may have had something to do with that. The next day went on a more aggressive ride and it was creaking a lot more. Greased the seat post and took it on another ride to verify when it happens before taking it back to the store. Long story short it happens when you’re out of the seat and it’s worse when you’re in the seat. I took it to the bike store I bought it from and they were going through it and haven’t found it yet. My question is has anyone had this happen on a brand new bike? Btw the creaking seems to be coming from the crank area or rear shock area (knowing that isn’t always the indicator that the issue is in that area. Thanks.

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
I bought the same model earlier this year, rock solid so far, no issues whatsoever...I've already moded mine, but thats besides the point Big Grin

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 13:19 Quote
I had a creak that I thought was coming from my seat/post. Turned out to be a seat stay bushing. I’ve also had creaks come and go without any assistance from me . Weird the shop can’t find it. Good luck.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 1:38 Quote
I had similar on my Alpine Trail. Took the main pivot bolt out, cleaned it up and put it back in and it was all good from there.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 12:14 Quote
My alpine trail 7 developed a creek. I did one thing at a time to find the issue. Greased the headset, then the pivots,seatpost, and it still did it. Drove me nuts. Come to find out if was my race face Chester pedals. Tried my sons pedals from polygon t7 that came in the box and it’s quiet as ever.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005048
Mobile Version of Website