PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo or mojo HD5?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
Hello,
I have questions
1. Is ripmo af SLX better or mojo HD5 Deore?
2. Is mojo HD5 considered as Enduro bike?
Right now I have a entry level hard tail which I am using for my lone rides. now I am looking for all in one bike which is going be used only when I am out with friends doing fun stuff. My budget is $5000 without taxes.

thanks in advance for the inputs.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
I picked up a HD5 a few months ago, so far most use is in Bike parks, where it is almost as good as my DH bike (jump, gnarley rocks). SLX brakes are fine, no complaints there. Deore shifting is garbage, will move to GX as soon as something wears out or breaks.

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
I have a HD5. It rips. I had tons of park time on it and Im really happy w it. I used to have a hd3 and this is so much more DH oriented. It pedals great as well. I have a coil shock and a 38 on the front w carbon rims it comes in at 30.5 lbs. I had a x2 w the traction tune. It wasn't for me, but im 210 and pretty rough on bikes. I built mine from the ground up so i cant comment on ibis build kits. Its labeled as ibis' enduro bike. I like sram stuff so cant help w shimano stuff.

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
Just comes down to of you want to ride a 29er or not.

What type of terrain do you ride?
Is your hardtail a 29er?

I've owned both. The lower weight and smaller wheels mean the HD5 is overall more responsive to pedaling, braking, etc. But, the additional stability and smoother rollover of 29er wheels is definitely real and significant.

I'd probably point a newer rider on a budget towards the AF.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
I wouldn't worry about the build set as much as the bike. I rode both the Ripmo and I own a Mojo HD5. It depends on what types of trails you ride and your riding style. I can tell you that on flat or XC trails, the ripmo will be faster. I can also tell you that the Mojo is more fun for my riding style. I like whipping around corners, taking small jumps off anything I can find so for me the Mojo is the way. I'm also like 5'8" so the 27.5 wheels feel great for me. The Mojo is really efficient for an enduro bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009117
Mobile Version of Website