Shock Measurements for Ransom

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Shock Measurements for Ransom
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
Hey all,

I am looking at buying this:

https://www.scott-sports.com/ca/en/product/scott-ransom-900-tuned-hmx-frame-fork?article=288729008

I would likely want to swap out the shock for a coil. Does anyone know the eye-to-eye and stroke measurements for this frame?

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
You need a 205x65 Trunnion shock. Careful when choosing your shock, as not all shocks fit in that frame. I have tried DVO Jade, uncompressed makes contact with down tube. Older FOX DHX2, climb switch hits the down tube under full compression. I am running a Marzocchi Bomber CR currently and fit great with plenty of clearance. Hope that helps.
YellowCake235 wrote:
Hey all,

I am looking at buying this:

https://www.scott-sports.com/ca/en/product/scott-ransom-900-tuned-hmx-frame-fork?article=288729008

I would likely want to swap out the shock for a coil. Does anyone know the eye-to-eye and stroke measurements for this frame?

Posted: Aug 27, 2021 at 16:39 Quote
after owning a Ransom, IMO i wouldn't buy one again, its light and climbs ok but wasnt comfy. was not bad on flatter stuff but when it got any kind of rough the Ransom struggled.

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 11:01 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
after owning a Ransom, IMO i wouldn't buy one again, its light and climbs ok but wasnt comfy. was not bad on flatter stuff but when it got any kind of rough the Ransom struggled.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback, I'll will absolutely consider it before I make any purchase. I will be using the bike in the park so maybe I'd better take a closer look.

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
YellowCake235 wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

Hey man, thanks for the feedback, I'll will absolutely consider it before I make any purchase. I will be using the bike in the park so maybe I'd better take a closer look.

take a look at enduro-mtb's review, they are brutally honest

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006942
Mobile Version of Website