Numbness in my manhood (saddles)

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Numbness in my manhood (saddles)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 29, 2021 at 23:47 Quote
So, this uncomfortable topic again.

I've always been fine with the fizik Gobi, but recently I've been developing some numbness in my man region after riding for 3hours or more, and I wanna get rid of it, I've tried shifting and angling the saddle to no avail.

So I'm curious what saddles you lot can recommend?
I ride mainly trail but sometimes Abit of xc, rocking the hardtail mainly, saddle and bars about level.

Cheers yo

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 3:12 Quote
rivet-team wrote:

I've always been fine with the fizik Gobi, but recently I've been developing some numbness in my man region after riding for 3hours or more, and I wanna get rid of it, I've tried shifting and angling the saddle to no avail.

I ride mainly trail but sometimes Abit of xc, rocking the hardtail mainly, saddle and bars about level.

Cheers yo

I looked up images of the fizik Gobi and it seems to have no groove in the middle to relieve pressure from the perineal area. So you could get a saddle with the same dimensions but with a groove. It could also be that the saddle is pointing up too much or that you don't get out of the saddle enough.

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 4:56 Quote
I found my perfect saddle, the Fabric Scoop Radius. Long ride time comfort on similar hardtail rides. Worth a look as they come in various models, widths, profiles, padding type, etc.

They also do a comfortable pressure relief channel version, the Line, which I used for a year.

https://fabric.cc/products/saddles/

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
Hello,

I have been running 11 speed on my enduro bike for ages now. I've been riding more big mountain stuff and need the bigger gear range so finally upgrading to 12 speed. Will my new 12 speed cassette simply fit on my old free hub or will i need to get a new one. The new cassette is XD Drive like my old one.....Cheers Paul

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
You need to measure your sit bones and buy a saddle that fits for you. Literal numb nuts are 9/10 caused by a too narrow saddle.

Check out SQlab for both how to measure and recommendations

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
X2 for proper saddle fitment. It's all about matching sit bone width to a saddle that can properly support them and take the weight off your perineum.

Check out Ergon saddles.

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
+ Another vote for a proper width saddle fit, makes the most difference overall for comfort.

Except I simply sat on a piece of corrugated cardboard, measured my sit bone indentations and went with a 142mm, turned out pretty much spot on. Wink

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
Easiest way to do it! You can even use a regular piece of cardboard if you've got a hard chair and strong arms lol

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 21:47 Quote
rivet-team wrote:

Cheers yo
Another vote for sqlab saddle, you have many ways to measure sit bones - check their website

Posted: Aug 30, 2021 at 23:13 Quote
I've been using Specialized Power saddles for a while now, the shorter nose completely got rid of all my numbness. Admittedly I haven't used one on my MTB yet, but on road they work incredibly well for me

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
my current saddle is the correct width, its just the soft tissue betwen my groin and butt thats pressing on the saddle, i think a cut out is what i need, but thanks for all the suggestions, ill give afew a go, just ordered an ergon and a fabric so ill try both and update what i find.
cheers all

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 14:40 Quote
I was having similar issues and found the ergon enduro saddle. It took care of all my issues. The price tag was a little high but no numb or painful nuts was worth every penny. Get a new seat, you'll feel much better!

Posted: Sep 2, 2021 at 5:02 Quote
TimMog wrote:
I've been using Specialized Power saddles for a while now, the shorter nose completely got rid of all my numbness. Admittedly I haven't used one on my MTB yet, but on road they work incredibly well for me
Got onto this as well, good quality saddles... Although I'm not a Spesh fan

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
Try SQlab 611

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
rivet-team wrote:
my current saddle is the correct width, its just the soft tissue betwen my groin and butt thats pressing on the saddle, i think a cut out is what i need, but thanks for all the suggestions, ill give afew a go, just ordered an ergon and a fabric so ill try both and update what i find.
cheers all

Specalized phenom.
Anyone who has use one falls in love with them

Also slack seat angles and seats mounted rearward compound pressure on your parts...

Slider forwards

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014603
Mobile Version of Website