Hightower 2021 with the new Float X

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Hightower 2021 with the new Float X
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 19:13 Quote
Sorry not bottoming out pedal strikes. If anyone in this thread wants upgrades for a Hightower R let me now I have a bunch of stuff for sale.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 13:57 Quote
Hi guys

I'm co sidelong the float x2 on my 2021 SantaCruz Hoghtower Medium

Would it work?

I'm still not sure .... this is the only info online that I could find suggesting it might work

Any long term reviews?

Pictures?

Posted: Dec 10, 2022 at 15:07 Quote
The X2 will not fit. The Float X will.

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 7:35 Quote
Anyone riding a Hightower and has the Super Deluxe Ultimate shock would benefit massively from having it custom tuned by getting the Vorsprung Tractive tune installed. This has been the best thing I could have done in regards to performance. I’m also running CC link.

I wish I would have tried the Tractive tune first with the stock link to see how I got on before switching to CC link. If there’s anyone who’s ran the Tractive tune on both links please share your experiences

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
New Float X on Hightower 3 anyone?

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 0:45 Quote
Just ordered a Float X for my Hightower. I was sick of the sagging RS Delux with megneg, could not prevent it from bottoming out, only if increased the PSI to 280 and then would loose the supplenes of the top.

Hope the Float X will work better.

Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 4:52 Quote
I like the DVO Topaz 3 better.

Posted: Oct 4, 2023 at 16:47 Quote
Stenimir wrote:
Just ordered a Float X for my Hightower. I was sick of the sagging RS Delux with megneg, could not prevent it from bottoming out, only if increased the PSI to 280 and then would loose the supplenes of the top.

How did the testing go with the Float X?

I just ordered a Float X and am considering a Cascade link on HT2. Thx

Posted: Oct 4, 2023 at 23:59 Quote
gretch6364 wrote:
Stenimir wrote:

Much much better with Float X, love it!
Only thing is the original hardware for Fox started creaking really badly and now going switch shocks to see if it is the hardware or the shock it self.

Posted: Oct 7, 2023 at 8:29 Quote
Stenimir wrote:
gretch6364 wrote:
Stenimir wrote:

Only thing is the original hardware for Fox started creaking really badly and now going switch shocks to see if it is the hardware or the shock it self.

Thanks....were you running the stock link? Stock tune on the Float X?

I bought the roller bearing hardware for the rear link attachment point...might help with your creaking?

Posted: Oct 7, 2023 at 23:18 Quote
gretch6364 wrote:
Stenimir wrote:
gretch6364 wrote:

Thanks....were you running the stock link? Stock tune on the Float X?

I bought the roller bearing hardware for the rear link attachment point...might help with your creaking?

Yes, stock link and stock tune, works great.

Yes, you cant run any other hardware other then roller bearing...I mean you could run bushings but they would destory the little axle going through the shock.

Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 7:16 Quote
I've been running the Float X on my v2 HT since they were released - I've recently had the bearings mount removed and gone back to standard bushings as they creaked WAY too much.

Posted: Oct 18, 2023 at 10:57 Quote
sixtyten wrote:
I've been running the Float X on my v2 HT since they were released - I've recently had the bearings mount removed and gone back to standard bushings as they creaked WAY too much.

And its been fine on the axle that goes through the bushings?

Posted: Oct 24, 2023 at 0:27 Quote
Stenimir wrote:
sixtyten wrote:

And its been fine on the axle that goes through the bushings?

Yep

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014056
Mobile Version of Website