What bike park around Vienna or Brno?

PB Forum :: Europe
What bike park around Vienna or Brno?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 1:50 Quote
I'm heading to Brno for work but my flight is to and from Vienna. I had the idea to get some riding done when I stay in the region over the weekend. The demands I have for the park are the following:
-They need to be operational the 18th of september for a decent amount of time (at least 4 hours).
-They have bike rental since I won't be bringing my bike.
-It's within 3-4 hours drive from Vienna or Brno.
-They have some decent vertical drop and a chairlift.

Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Sloavakia would all be with in reach so I feel a bit lost on what to choose, can somebody help out? Even better, is there anyone would like to get out and ride with me in their favorite park?

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 3:24 Quote
You can access every park in Slovenia within 4 hours driving distance. Check the websites for other details.

I can recommend Pohorje, Krvavec, Kranjska Gora and Cerkno (there are several more, but i didn't go there so i won't comment about them). They all have chairlifts and rentals. You do have to call several days in advance and come before park opens, otherwise you have slim chance of getting a bike that is not clapped out.
Petzen and Schöckl in Austria are also worth a visit. On the other side of Austria you have MASSIVE bike park range that consists of Leogang, Saalbach and Hinterglemm. This i wholeheartedly recommend, but you need to take at least 3 or 4 days to try everything worthwhile.

I heard that Czechs have very good riding, but i have not visited their parks so i won't comment on them.

Posted: Sep 1, 2021 at 5:02 Quote
shoshy wrote:
You can access every park in Slovenia within 4 hours driving distance. Check the websites for other details.

I can recommend Pohorje, Krvavec, Kranjska Gora and Cerkno (there are several more, but i didn't go there so i won't comment about them). They all have chairlifts and rentals. You do have to call several days in advance and come before park opens, otherwise you have slim chance of getting a bike that is not clapped out.
Petzen and Schöckl in Austria are also worth a visit. On the other side of Austria you have MASSIVE bike park range that consists of Leogang, Saalbach and Hinterglemm. This i wholeheartedly recommend, but you need to take at least 3 or 4 days to try everything worthwhile.

I heard that Czechs have very good riding, but i have not visited their parks so i won't comment on them.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! I was already looking at Pohorje so that might be the best solution for me Smile

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005075
Mobile Version of Website