Are 27.5 alloy dually still being made?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Are 27.5 alloy dually still being made?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
I have settled on main two factors for my next bike: Alloy frame and 27.5 wheels. That's best suited for my kind of riding and the locations I ride. The struggle is finding bikes like that as most manufacturers seem to have shifted to carbon 29er frames and calling them playful Rolleyes Not necessarily looking for a budget bike.

Also worth mentioning the size is likely to be large, or medium being 5'11" / 180.

Perhaps we can create a list of the remaining bikes in this category. Not considering stock availability here. Let me start with what I am aware of as of 09/2021 :

Commencal Clash
Trek Remedy - (Doesn't seem 2022 will be alloy)
Marin Rift Zone
Nukeproof Mega
Nukeproof Reactor

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Ns Bikes Define
Norco Shore
Giant Reign SX
Kona Process
Orange Five or Alpine
Whyte T-140

I think Polygon or Merida might have a model that fits the bill.

I think the problem is that carbon 29ers are the best to advertise with, so it looks bad for other options but they seem to be out there.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
Don't rule out mullets.

I have never tried it but if you use an extended crown race, of around 2cm, like this one:

https://www.mtbtools.com/product/extended-crown-race-for-fat-bike-suspension-fork-clearance/

you should be able to use a 27.5'' front wheel on any mullet bike while keeping the original geometry, privided that the fork steerer is long enough.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
I'm not sure if these are 2022 models or not,

Giant Trance
Devinci Troy
Norco Sight

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Aptlynamed wrote:
Don't rule out mullets.

I have never tried it but if you use an extended crown race, of around 2cm, like this one:

https://www.mtbtools.com/product/extended-crown-race-for-fat-bike-suspension-fork-clearance/

you should be able to use a 27.5'' front wheel on any mullet bike while keeping the original geometry, privided that the fork steerer is long enough.

I would probably just go for carbon instead of this but yeah thanks for the suggestion.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 14:05 Quote
Banshee Rune or Spitfire

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004961
Mobile Version of Website