We Are One - Arrival

PB Forum :: Other
We Are One - Arrival
Posted: May 9, 2023 at 20:54 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:
austenselk wrote:
I’m 5’8 and the insertion depth is not the best as you cannot have a 150mm reverb nor a 170mm Reverb AXS slammed into the seatpost. With a 125mm dropper I’m sure you could, or with a oneup dropper as they have shorter body lengths than all other dropper companies. If I were you, I’d really try to find someone who has one and try it for size. I just picked up the 170 linkage and been installing it since yesterday. Hoping to get out today and see how it fairs compared to its shorter travel cousin.

im lucky to get a 150 in ANY bike i ride. my hardtail does manage to fit one but it has an exceptionally low seattube.

i run 130ish one ups in most of my bikes.

You’d most likely be using 125mm on a medium Arrival, again that insertion depth is not very deep.

Posted: May 9, 2023 at 20:57 Quote
After buying and installing the 170 linkage, and having ridden it for a few times. I decided, it’s not to my liking. If anyone is interested I’ll be selling the 170 linkage and Fox Float X performance that I used in conjunction with the 170 linkage.

I’ll just be going back to the 152 linkage. Though, I’d be curious to try the 130 linkage. Still intriguing to me.

O+
Posted: May 10, 2023 at 5:00 Quote
austenselk wrote:
After buying and installing the 170 linkage, and having ridden it for a few times. I decided, it’s not to my liking. If anyone is interested I’ll be selling the 170 linkage and Fox Float X performance that I used in conjunction with the 170 linkage.

I’ll just be going back to the 152 linkage. Though, I’d be curious to try the 130 linkage. Still intriguing to me.
Curious what you didn't like?

Posted: May 10, 2023 at 6:34 Quote
Abacall wrote:
austenselk wrote:

It lost its nimbleness when descending. Climbed a bit like a slug. Lost its fun factor.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2023 at 4:53 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Abacall wrote:
austenselk wrote:

It lost its nimbleness when descending. Climbed a bit like a slug. Lost its fun factor.
Huh, interesting. I found the170 quite engaging, and a good climber. I guess it depends on what your baseline is.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2023 at 6:51 Quote
Still looking at the we are one and see both reviews as one of the best all around bike to need a skilled rider and need to be ridden fast. What are your thoughts on how it rides overall?

Posted: May 11, 2023 at 7:41 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Still looking at the we are one and see both reviews as one of the best all around bike to need a skilled rider and need to be ridden fast. What are your thoughts on how it rides overall?

The geometry is spot on, then once you get familiar with how the suspension rides it starts really being a fun bike to ride.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2023 at 13:50 Quote
ybsurf wrote:

Check out the thread for the arrival on MTBR. It has a TON of traction and input

O+
Posted: May 11, 2023 at 19:09 Quote
ybsurf wrote:

I can only speak to the 170 but its a relatively easy bike to ride slow even on tame trails. It rides best fast and aggressive or on the steeps but I never feel like the bike is ill suited to lesser trails.
It climbs exceptionally well for such a big bike and I find it ideal for Vancouver Island (looks like you're on the island as well). Im not the most skilled rider but can confidently say I have more fun on this than my last number of bikes.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2023 at 9:08 Quote
ybsurf wrote:

Can confirm once you figure out it needs to be ridden fast, really lean into corners, and trust the bike, it’s really something else. Feels right at home here in the North okanagan where good climbing characteristics is a must. I’m not the best rider but the bike sure has pushed me to become much much faster up and down.

Posted: May 22, 2023 at 22:07 Quote
Anyone else still struggling with hand pump/fatigue? I have never had it this bad until this bike.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2023 at 22:10 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Anyone else still struggling with hand pump/fatigue? I have never had it this bad until this bike.

yes, but i dont have this bike.

Posted: May 23, 2023 at 13:15 Quote
austenselk wrote:

Only recently after I swapped my Ergon grips for Renthal Push-on. They're way too thin and I'd recommend them for small hands only. I'm gonna try Oury Push-ons instead

O+
Posted: May 23, 2023 at 13:20 Quote
austenselk wrote:

what is your stack height on this bike compared to your previous bikes?

Posted: May 23, 2023 at 14:49 Quote
k2theg wrote:
austenselk wrote:

what is your stack height on this bike compared to your previous bikes?

Within 5mm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.146276
Mobile Version of Website