2021 Santa Cruz Megatower vs 2022 pivot Firebird

PB Forum :: 29ers
2021 Santa Cruz Megatower vs 2022 pivot Firebird
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 13:43 Quote
Ok so I have just specked and built a brand new Santa Cruz Megatower which I still haven’t ridden. After seeing the new Firebird I am thinking of selling the Megatower and getting the Firebird. Am I mad to do this? Are the bikes similar and just swapping the Megatower for a similar bike?

I won’t be able to get a test ride on the Firebird here before I bought it. Has anyone ridden both?

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
The new firebird is better in certain aspects . Santa Cruz makes great bikes but in my opinion having ridden enduro bikes from many different manufacturers, pivot is above most. Performance wise the firebird will pedal much better than the mega tower. I actually sized down to a medium on the new firebird at 6 feet tall and its the most versatile bike I've ever had. If you are capable of riding different sized i would recommend sizing down on these, especially if you plan on pedaling a lot or just doing general trail riding. The mega tower to me is on par as far as downhill to some degree but when it comes to cornering, balance, and especially acceleration, the firebird is miles ahead. hope that helps

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 11:46 Quote
Thanks so much this helps a lot. I’m going to look at a firebird later this week

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 14:14 Quote
Hi mate,

Thanks a lot about you analyse.

Is the birebird going down as well as the megatower.
I have tested the megatower, and I was impress how it was easy to get down when it was stiff or when there were lot of rock.
Is the firebird stable like the megatower in this kind of track ?

Have you ever try the new specialized enduro, which one would you recommend or prefer between all of these ?

Thanks a lot for you answer.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 21:40 Quote
It takes some fiddling with the suspension and cockpit setup to get the firebird dialed in. At first it didn’t feel as stable as a mega tower or an enduro but after I found the right setup it wasnt too far behind. The firebird is just snappier and quicker than other enduro bikes. I can honestly say it’s not the most stable or capable descender compared to other choices but I think it’s the more fun option because you can really flick it around. So if you pedal or do a lot of tech climbing or just like a nimble, snappy and playful ride then get the firebird. If your looking to point it and send it then get a mega tower

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005360
Mobile Version of Website