CantFindWheels

PB Forum :: 29ers
CantFindWheels
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2021 at 13:55 Quote
I bent my rear rim and have had an impossible time trying to get a shop to find a replacement so I thought I'd try to find something on PB that I could purchase. Problem is, there are so many different kinds and I don't know what to look for. Duroc? Micro spline? Boost? So lost and can't ride! Below are the wheel specs that came with my Santa Cruz Chameleon, any advice as to what I should be looking for (or examples of wheels for sale on PB that would work) would be amazing. Thanks everyone,
R

Wheels
• Hubs
SRAM MTH 746, 12x148, 32h
• Wheels
WTB ST i40 TCS 2.0 27.5 Rims
• Wheel Size
29"
• Spokes
DT Competition (32)

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
12x148 is the axel size. this is standard boost sizing (non super boost), so any wheels listed as boost spacing will work.

micro spline is shimano, so i doubt your free hub body is that. the good news is on most hubs it’s swappable for around $100, so if you were really in a pinch and saw a good wheel that didn’t have the compatible free hub boost you can swap it out.

then the only other thing to pay attention to is the internal rim width, and get something close. the rim you listed is a 27.5in, but then say it’s 29? maybe it’a a mullet?

if it is actually 27.5, you should be looking for wide rims like the one you’re replacing. finding something with 40mm internal rim width is hard right now but doable.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007553
Mobile Version of Website