Giant reign frame issues

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
Does anyone know WHY Giant Reign Carbon frames seem to constantly replaced under warranty? Is the frame that weak or are people seeing the slacker HTA & sending it like a Glory or Trek Session off of everything?!!!
I ask as even though I'm a larger rider, Im also 49 and ZERO likelihood of me sending big gaps, 10' drops or even looking at double blacks!

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
I don’t think the frames have any issues. Set your suspension up correctly for your weight you shouldn’t have problems

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 15:00 Quote
Agreed, I don't believe there is any abnormal issues with Reign frames.

Unfortunately, carbon frames aren't idiot proof so if you ride a bike like a Reign outside of its intended purpose like off big gaps and drops that would be more suited to a DH bike then the forces may be enough to cause damage. Modern enduro bikes like the Reign are fairly capable however and can handle quite a lot so you would have to be doing some rampage sort of riding to really do some damage.

The other problem is some people are just generally hard on gear. I'm talking, no consideration for items falling on the bike, letting the bike fall over, throwing it in the back of a truck for it to roll around, just a general "I don't care" mentality and usually, that's why frames get replaced because some companies now have a no questions asked warranty policy. I don't know what Giants is but if they have something like this, can make the longevity of their bikes appear worse that what it actually is.

Most damage I have seen is impact damage from something hitting the bike or it hitting something like a rock in a crash. Not a failure whilst riding.

Posted: Sep 13, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
lets see all the frames you have broken.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005503
Mobile Version of Website