Rapid Rise Derailleurs

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
I have a rapid rise derailleur, lo-normal what ever u want to call it. I have heard alot of people saying there a stupid idea and where a failiure but I think there great why are people so hard on them?

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 4:11 Quote
they work great its just they are the oppisete of what people are used to so they down shift when they should up shift.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 4:38 Quote
They are a good idea, its (in theory) more logical at the shifters (i.e. upshift - harder, downshift - easier on both shifters, as opposed to the opposite on the right shifter). It also means chains will last a bit longer, as they arent being wrenched onto larger sprockets by ham-fisted riders, its just spring tension shifting the chain up.
The main downside is that they are more prone to mis-shifting when the cable snags (dirt etc).

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
In addition to being opposite in use they are opposite in setup so they tend to annoy mechanics who are used to setting up deraileurs.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 7:26 Quote
I use mine with Duel control levers and love em very instinctive to use, but i know lots off ppl dont like em OR dont want to like em !!!!!

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 8:24 Quote
I have a low-normal mech and a top normal shifter, Best combo ever!

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
Mark-K wrote:
I use mine with Duel control levers and love em very instinctive to use, but i know lots off ppl dont like em OR dont want to like em !!!!!
yeah i have the same setup with the dual control levers they work great i have just been hearing a lot of people saying that they suck and were a failure. They might be acward with regualr shifters though.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009149
Mobile Version of Website