Building a jump bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Building a jump bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 16:33 Quote
Hi there. I'm looking to build my own jump bike. Been mtb'ing for a while and love it but I'm really wanting to keep my mtb and have a side project that will lead to some extra fun.
I've never done anything like this and presuming alor will be trial and error. But hoping some one can share some knowledge, I'd appreciate it alot!

I'm looking to buy a half decent frame and making something real simple to begin with. Probably a single speed, Nothing special.

I've never removed/fitted forks on a bike before. Will i need specific size fork depending on what frame I've got? Or do most forks fit on pretty much any jump bike frame?

Also, can someone reccomend some forks? Im just wanting to use this bike on pump tracks.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
I would recommend buying a frame right here off of Pinkbike if you filter correctly there are some great deals out there if you know where to look. You are almost definitely going to want 26" wheels and if you want to install disc brakes make sure the frame and hub are compatible with disc brakes. As for a crank i would probably look for a 32 tooth crank and either buy a single speed cassette of of Pinkbike or Amazon either works it should not be to expensive. Forks can be tricky and get expensive but you need a fork that will fit your wheel and probably 90-at the most 110 mm of travel on the fork.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012333
Mobile Version of Website