In between sizes - which one?

PB Forum :: eMTB
In between sizes - which one?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
I’m 5ft11. all the calculators out me on a medium right on the edge of a large.
Wheel size is 27.5 front and back.
Anyone this tall and which bike works best for you? Find the medium more playful, but large more planted.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
Tchai8 wrote:
Anyone this tall and which bike works best for you? Find the medium more playful, but large more planted.

this will change depending on the brand. Not all the brands have same size chart. It differs alot according to the geometry of each brand.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 6:05 Quote
BilalK wrote:
Tchai8 wrote:

this will change depending on the brand. Not all the brands have same size chart. It differs alot according to the geometry of each brand.

OK, so for the brand I’m looking at, it has me on the edge between medium and large.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 6:35 Quote
Recommend posting which brand you're considering - that way perhaps another person with the same bike can give you personal feedback.

It also helps to tell us how you normally ride: are you always looking for sneaky gap jumps and working on improving your 360s or are you an all day rider who enjoys rowdy trails, but doesn't get off the ground too often.

Without this information my best suggestion is: get the Large.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
Recommend posting which brand you're considering - that way perhaps another person with the same bike can give you personal feedback.

It also helps to tell us how you normally ride: are you always looking for sneaky gap jumps and working on improving your 360s or are you an all day rider who enjoys rowdy trails, but doesn't get off the ground too often.

Without this information my best suggestion is: get the Large.

Husqvarna hard Cross 9.
Not intending to leave the ground.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 18:01 Quote
I'm 5'11 as well and always size up, easier to get along with a bit more room vs being cramped..

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 16:31 Quote
Instances like these is where Local Bike Shops can help.

But people with money just love amazoning it!

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
Tchai8 wrote:

M: More playful = more fun (imo) and you will be able to ride the same terrain regardless of how gnarly however it will cost you in speed

L: I would only go with the larger size if racing was your priority

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:23 Quote
As others have said, it depends on the bike. And manufacturer guidelines for height aren't always worth much.

I'm 5'10" and sometimes go medium, sometimes go large. Over the course of a few bikes I've figured out my approximate preferred reach/stack measurements, which helps me make a sizing decision if I can't test both.

Then I end up fine tuning the fit with saddle position, stem length, and bar rise/stem spacers anyway.

I prefer a reach of around ~450mm (longish legs and shortish torso for my height), so looking at that Husqvarna I'd go medium for me... but you may well be different.

You can use a site like geometrygeeks or 99spokes to compare the geometry/measurements with your current bike.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023870
Mobile Version of Website