close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Best Ebike under $10k new or used for Whistler/Squamish trails?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Best Ebike under $10k new or used for Whistler/Squamish trails?
Previous Page |
Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 21:09 Quote
Looking for an Ebike that covers most of the bases for riding in the whistler Squamish area. I know the motor will now be getting me into areas I wouldn't normally ride very often cause I hate long climbs. So I think I need something with a fairly beefy suspension. Rode the 2022 sight vlt a few times and couldn't get comfortable in the cockpit, weird geometry.
On the list:
Trek rail 7,
Commencal Meta Power 29 (heard it doesn't climb well ) ,
Specialized levo ( rode it and it was pretty easy to throw around ) ,
and the Santa Cruz Heckler (suspension may not be enough for around these parts ).
Any intel on these bikes or others you think would fit the bill is appreciated. thanks.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 4:20 Quote
iliketuna wrote:
Looking for an Ebike that covers most of the bases for riding in the whistler Squamish area. I know the motor will now be getting me into areas I wouldn't normally ride very often cause I hate long climbs. So I think I need something with a fairly beefy suspension. Rode the 2022 sight vlt a few times and couldn't get comfortable in the cockpit, weird geometry.
On the list:
Trek rail 7,
and the Santa Cruz Heckler (suspension may not be enough for around these parts ).
Any intel on these bikes or others you think would fit the bill is appreciated. thanks.

these are great bikes, I would also recommend you to consider Scott Ransom as well, I can say she is a perfect climber with 180 mm travel

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
Under 10K opens a lot of great options.
Have you looked at the Orbea Wild? Seems like a nice one.
https://www.orbea.com/us-en/ebikes/mountain/wild-fs/cat/wild-fs-m-ltd-20mph

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 9:49 Quote
Orbea Rise is awesome. Less torque, but more traditional MTB.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 19:33 Quote
iliketuna wrote:
On the list:
Trek rail 7,

Devinci has a new 29er enduro ebike coming out that is rumored to have a 750watt battery and will retail for under $8000CAD. Corsa Cycles will have some I would think. I have a Devinci AC and a Orbea Wild FS, besides the Bosch motor I prefer the Devinci, I really want to get one of these new bikes coming from Devinci!

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 20:25 Quote
the new giant E+ rides awesome and so does the marin alpine E2, both more than capable and both will leave you with cash in pocket.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 22:11 Quote
tantor wrote:
Orbea Rise is awesome. Less torque, but more traditional MTB.

I have heard good things about the orbea but dont know anyone selling in Canada.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 22:12 Quote
jbrown-15 wrote:
iliketuna wrote:
On the list:
Trek rail 7,

Devinci has a new 29er enduro ebike coming out that is rumored to have a 750watt battery and will retail for under $8000CAD. Corsa Cycles will have some I would think. I have a Devinci AC and a Orbea Wild FS, besides the Bosch motor I prefer the Devinci, I really want to get one of these new bikes coming from Devinci!

I was in corsa last week and so far no new Devinci. loved the bulllit but.....

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 22:39 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
the new giant E+ rides awesome and so does the marin alpine E2, both more than capable and both will leave you with cash in pocket.

thanks sat on the giant e today. nice bike not sure of the Yamaha motor though.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
iliketuna wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

I've been on the Reign E+1 for the last 2 seasons, it takes anything you throw at it, no issues with the motor. About 2500kms.

It will be up for sale soon if you're interested in used.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 16:14 Quote
mjraff wrote:
iliketuna wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

I've been on the Reign E+1 for the last 2 seasons, it takes anything you throw at it, no issues with the motor. About 2500kms.

At the rate of changes being made to the batteries, motors and frames a three year old bike is getting a bit long in the tooth. I think ebikes will rapidly change like the mountain segment of the sled industry. thanks for the offer and the intel though I appreciate it.

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
iliketuna wrote:
mjraff wrote:
iliketuna wrote:

At the rate of changes being made to the batteries, motors and frames a three year old bike is getting a bit long in the tooth. I think ebikes will rapidly change like the mountain segment of the sled industry. thanks for the offer and the intel though I appreciate it.

People keep talking about these "changes" in battery technology, yet I haven't seen any when you really dig into it. Everything used today is basically the same as it was 5 years ago. Ebikes are not like EV cars with rapidly evolving battery technology.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 21:33 Quote
You can throw a 170 Fox 38, a cascade link and a 210x55 shock on a Turbo Levo for 170/170 trail crushing ability.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
Have you looked at the Focus Sam2? I currently ride a Sam2 Pro and am quite happy with it.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 16:37 Quote
jenraven805 wrote:
You can throw a 170 Fox 38, a cascade link and a 210x55 shock on a Turbo Levo for 170/170 trail crushing ability.

I like your thinking. Waiting for the new Levos to come up for sale.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005870
Mobile Version of Website