Fox 36 van r 160mm coil spring 2007

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox 36 van r 160mm coil spring 2007
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
Does anyone know where I can find a coil spring for my fox fork preferably in the 150+ pound range

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
After watching Ebay on off for 6 months managed to grab a couble of springs
in diff lbs for my 2006 Fox VAN RC2 160mm, sometime later same again for VAN 180's

A waiting game as not redily availabe due to year fork

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 9:12 Quote
Quick google

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264836692696?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=264836692696&targetid=1281002130618&device=

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 18:34 Quote
@muddytrecker that will fit the fork I have ?

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 18:34 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
Quick google

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264836692696?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=264836692696&targetid=1281002130618&device=


That will fit my 2007 van r

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
xfusion vengeance coil spring might work.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
mountainjew wrote:
xfusion vengeance coil spring might work.

Where can I find one of those and what do they retail for

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264836692696?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=264836692696&targetid=1281002130618&device=

"That will fit my 2007 van r"

Yes

"xfusion vengeance coil spring might work."

"Where can I find one of those and what do they retail for "

Google Google Goooooooooooogle Dammit !

https://www.upgradebikes.co.uk/Catalogue/Forks/hidden/archive/X-Fusion/X-Fusion-VENGEANCE-Springs/X-Fusion-Vengeance-HLR-Coil

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 5:52 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264836692696?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=264836692696&targetid=1281002130618&device=

"That will fit my 2007 van r"

Yes

"xfusion vengeance coil spring might work."

"Where can I find one of those and what do they retail for "

Google Google Goooooooooooogle Dammit !

https://www.upgradebikes.co.uk/Catalogue/Forks/hidden/archive/X-Fusion/X-Fusion-VENGEANCE-Springs/X-Fusion-Vengeance-HLR-Coil



both of these will for sure work for my 2007 160 model if not thanks for trying to help anyway iv been looking high and low for these thing it been quite hard to find just want to clarify before I spend money to ship them half way across the world lastly I'm 160 pounds and still growing do u think the eBay one will be adequate and for the X fusion vengeance one if I go with that what couler should i o with

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 4:54 Quote
Youll have to decide what weight spring suits you, Fox has the colour codes to lbs/kgs
weight chart on there website, or its easily found online.
If you predict your gonna be a Jabba when you grow then
perhaps a couple of springs, one for your now load out ride weight and one for
your future predicted load out ride weight.

I cant say for certainty the xfusion vengeance coil spring will work, I just sent
the link for you to look into as it was a suggested possible, but your gonna have to
do the leg work and check to be sure.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 4:57 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
Youll have to decide what weight spring suits you, Fox has the colour codes to lbs/kgs
weight chart on there website, or its easily found online.
If you predict your gonna be a Jabba when you grow then
perhaps a couple of springs, one for your now load out ride weight and one for
your future predicted load out ride weight.

I cant say for certainty the xfusion vengeance coil spring will work, I just sent
the link for you to look into as it was a suggested possible, but your gonna have to
do the leg work and check to be sure.


What do you mean by leg work?

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
Bs - what weight/color spring do you have now?
I have a purple (light) spring for '07 Van36 (sold the bike and kept the spring) but if you're "160lbs and growing" the stock spring should be fine.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
brianl wrote:
Bs - what weight/color spring do you have now?
I have a purple (light) spring for '07 Van36 (sold the bike and kept the spring) but if you're "160lbs and growing" the stock spring should be fine.

I d k the spring couler how do I check

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
" What do you mean by leg work? "

Leg work, meaning

The physically or mentally demanding work required to do or accomplish something. I'm sure you'll be able to find a good job, but you've got to put in the legwork—one's not going to just fall into your lap.

"I d k the spring couler how do I check"

All fox van springs have a colour painted on them, the colour relates to
the stifness or weight rated in lbs/kgs, though with used springs this paint
sometimes gets rubbed or dissolved away over time from use, maintenance,
but should be identifired when buying used or new.

As said google it and you will find a chart that gives you the colours to weight.
From that you can determine what spring suits your ride weight.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
Thanks for explaining that here I Canada leg work is not a common used term is there any thing I should look out for when remove if the coil do u need special tools what do I do to not mess it up?

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005670
Mobile Version of Website