NS Eccentric Chromo

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 5:04 Quote
I'm looking at a new HT frame and found the Eccentric Chromo and Al frames on special. Very cheap compared to anything else.
Anyone riding one of these to give some feedback? I'm planning to replace my Commencal HT frame with one of these. The Meta is super stiff, so this is the main opinion I'm after. I cannot find any proper reviews online regarding the 2021 Eccentric frames.

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 17:26 Quote
Have sold mine and built two other frames since. Still think about it and how much fun it was. Absolutely recommend building one. You’ll love it.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 3:06 Quote
Broads72 wrote:
Have sold mine and built two other frames since. Still think about it and how much fun it was. Absolutely recommend building one. You’ll love it.

Thanx man, can you tell me what you were able to fit as a rear tyre. Hoping to fit a 2.6 29".
Also, do you have a Chromo or Al .. any feedback on either?

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
I had a Chromo. A 29x2.6 is going to be too wide. A 2.4 fit perfectly and some 2.5 tires rubbed in tight corners. A 27.5x2.8 fits like a dream. That’s how I have it set up in my profile. Take a look at the pics.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 20:57 Quote
Thanx, your pics look sic! Nice build

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 13:49 Quote
I have the Eccentric chromo, it's an awesome bike, very versatile and tough. I have the 2018 version and the reach is a little short, I'm not sure if NS has updated the geometry since then, but you might want to double check when picking your frame size. I am 5'11" and ride a large with a 65mm stem, the longer stem doesn't seem to have a negative impact on handling. I have both 29 and 27.5+ wheelsets and switch them out all of time based on the terrain that I am riding, the geo works great with both, and even on rocky trails the bottom bracket isn't too low with the 27.5+ wheels. I don't think you can go wrong with the Eccentric, it's a great workhorse bike and a bargain for sure.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 22:36 Quote
Azmtbkr wrote:
I have the Eccentric chromo, it's an awesome bike, very versatile and tough. I have the 2018 version and the reach is a little short, I'm not sure if NS has updated the geometry since then, but you might want to double check when picking your frame size. I am 5'11" and ride a large with a 65mm stem, the longer stem doesn't seem to have a negative impact on handling. I have both 29 and 27.5+ wheelsets and switch them out all of time based on the terrain that I am riding, the geo works great with both, and even on rocky trails the bottom bracket isn't too low with the 27.5+ wheels. I don't think you can go wrong with the Eccentric, it's a great workhorse bike and a bargain for sure.

Thanx, think the geo is fresh. Large now has a 475 reach, which is why I'm looking to replace my large Commencal with 445 reach. What size rear 29" tyre are you running?

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Any advice on the tallest size the new Large fits? I'm 6'-2" with long arms and wondering if it'll fit me.

The numbers look slightly longer than my Jeffsy - 10mm longer reach, 22mm taller stack, half a degree slacker head tube, 30mm longer wheelbase.

Unless a hard tail rides far differently than I remember it should be OK. Think so?

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 18:14 Quote
I'm running a 2.35 Schwalbe Nobby Nic, it fits fine but anything larger than a 2.4 would likely rub.

Just checked the geo on the new Large, I think you'd be fine at 6'2" especially if you don't mind running a slightly longer stem.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 2:48 Quote
Sweet, thanks for the help.

It'll be more of a nimble play bike rather than my trail bike (I have a Phantom for that), so being on the smaller side works out.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 4:13 Quote
Azmtbkr wrote:
I'm running a 2.35 Schwalbe Nobby Nic, it fits fine but anything larger than a 2.4 would likely rub.

Just checked the geo on the new Large, I think you'd be fine at 6'2" especially if you don't mind running a slightly longer stem.

I see they spec the bikes with a 2.5 Maxxis Aggressor whick almost looks the same as a 2.6 Nobby Nic. You don't see that fitting the frame?
(That's my preferred rear tyre)

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
Just built up my eccentric cromo. Sorry, cannot help with the 29er question. I’m running a 27.5x2.6” at it has plenty of room. Definitely enough room for a 27.5x2.8 and maybe a 3.0.

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 17:26 Quote
dieskim wrote:
Azmtbkr wrote:

I see they spec the bikes with a 2.5 Maxxis Aggressor whick almost looks the same as a 2.6 Nobby Nic. You don't see that fitting the frame?
(That's my preferred rear tyre)

I should have clarified, the 2.35 Nobby Nic is a 29er tire, a 27.5 2.6 would fit no problem.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006002
Mobile Version of Website