Specialized Downhill Bike with New 1000w Bafang m625 Motor ( need help )

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Downhill Bike with New 1000w Bafang m625 Motor ( need help )
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 6:34 Quote
Hi everyone, i recently bought the newest diy motor from bafang to install on my old bike.
After the simple install, when i ride it every around three full rotations of the pedals the chain/casseste makes a loud skipping/bang sound on low force motor mode. If i put the motor on full power the skipping/bangs seem to occur more often. The chain and cassete has been changed. The derailleur is the old one but i dont think is causing the problem as the gears seem to change just fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Views: 20    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p2pb21335273/p2pb21335273.jpg

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
It sounds like you have the wrong chain size for the motor, the cassette, or both. This is why the chain slaps every few rotations. The pitch/spacing is wrong causing the tooth to lift the roller up and slap down every 2/3 rotations. Go to your lbs to get it sorted.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 18:36 Quote
shwinn8 wrote:
You're picture links don't work
plz check now.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
leviatanouroboro wrote:
It sounds like you have the wrong chain size for the motor, the cassette, or both. This is why the chain slaps every few rotations. The pitch/spacing is wrong causing the tooth to lift the roller up and slap down every 2/3 rotations. Go to your lbs to get it sorted.
The new cassette said made for MTB and the chain the same so i presumed would work. How do i check if thats the problem for sure?
Thanks in advance

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 19:56 Quote
The hot patch on the tire isn’t lined up with the valve. I’d definitely start there.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
Chief2slo wrote:
The hot patch on the tire isn’t lined up with the valve. I’d definitely start there.
Hot patch?! not sure what you mean...

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
MrRF wrote:
The new cassette said made for MTB and the chain the same so i presumed would work. How do i check if thats the problem for sure?
Chains are speed-specific to the cassette.

If a cassette is 11 speeds, then it needs specifically an 11-speed chain, not some universal "MTB" chain.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007285
Mobile Version of Website