Ride Log - Gpx download not available

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Ride Log - Gpx download not available
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 1:14 Quote
Hi,
i'm having trouble trying to download gpx file from someone else's ride.
Example:
- i find a good trail i want to ride;
- i want to see ride logs/routes associated to that trail;
- i find a route i want to follow;
- i click on that route landing on another rider's ride log;
- i want to download the gpx of his ride in order to transfer it on my navigation device;
- gpx download is not available, ride log save options are only Save to Garmin or Share or Wishlist.

Note: i click on the wishlist but the route is not transferred in my wishlist on the desktop version of TF, by contrary, i find it in my wishlist in the TF app only (i'm a PRO user)

How to download the gpx on the TF desktop version?
Is some privacy issue involved?

Thanks a lot

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
Subscribing.

It would be nice to have an easy way to pull a GPX file off Ridelogs and Routes in TF.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
You can download routes as GPX files on the bottom right of the route page under the "Download" button.
Looks like you can only save other peoples ride logs directory to a garmin device tho.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
Br1ngiton wrote:
You can download routes as GPX files on the bottom right of the route page under the "Download" button.
Looks like you can only save other peoples ride logs directory to a garmin device tho.

Concur. This is where the "language" of TF gets fun and I think it confused me.

To the normal person a route, track, trail, course, rideplan, etc all mean practically the same thing. A "Route" and a "Rideplan" (aka "Personal Route") while essentially the same to normal folks, they are different in TF lingo.

When I view another person's "Ridelog" I can't get the GPX from it, but I can save it to my "Wishlist". And here's another fun wrinkle: the desktop version of TF doesn't have any "Wishlist" so where did the file go? It went to "My Routes". I open "My Routes" and now I can find it and then I can see the "Ridelog". That's just weird and a little confusing because when I use the app I can find the "Wishlist" easily on the sidebar with that distinct label.

I misspoke when I claimed it'd be nice to have a way to pull a GPX off a Route - that feature already exists.
It is the "Ridelog" that has no easy way to save the GPX and it'd be a nice feature to have - especially for non-Garmin users. Trail Save, Route Save, Ridelog Save features - is there a reason why they aren't uniform across the app? I'm sure there is, but the reason eludes me.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
Ridelogs saved to your "wishlist" can be viewed on the website under "Routes" -> "My Routes". Which is the same list synced to the app.
https://www.trailforks.com/profile/fedefe/myroutes/

We have never allowed downloading a GPX or KML of other users ridelogs for privacy reasons, you can only download one from your own.

The whole wishlist and "my routes" system has evolved over time. It was originally just "My Routes" in the app, but now it includes more things. The page in the app was re branded "My Wishlist" to include routes, trails, regions. You can find all those things on the website under your profiles "Wishlist" page. But there is also a routes only page on the website called "My Routes". Which is also linked on the "routes" tab of your wishlist page.

The "My Routes" list on website and the "routes" tab in the apps "My Wishlist" page is more than just wishlisted routes though, it also contains any "Route Plans" you've created.

But short answer is, you cannot download GPX file of other users ridelogs.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005602
Mobile Version of Website