Splitting up exiting trail

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Splitting up exiting trail
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
Is there anyway to split up an existing trail into smaller parts?
I have been updating the trail system behind my house. Adding new trails/modifying existing.
Someone a while back added the main portion of the trails but they did the whole thing into one large trail (even at one spot it goes into a short connecting trail and back all as one).
Is there a way I can just cut up the trail into smaller pieces or do I have to start over?
I though maybe I can take that trail and trim sections out and keep saving it as a different trail. Just not sure if that it will work.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
There is no easy way to split a trail into multiple.

1) You can download the trail, crop the original and reupload the download you took and then crop the other section.
2) You can just hand draw the new section using the tool and then crop the old trail.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 17:23 Quote
what @Br1ngiton suggests is best for now. I hope to create a trail split tool this winter.

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
Thanks. I ended up downloading the trail and croping out sections. Worked pretty good.

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
canadaka wrote:
what @Br1ngiton suggests is best for now. I hope to create a trail split tool this winter.
Great news! Looking forward to this option!

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 20:05 Quote
Region admins can now use a "split trail" tool. Linked at the bottom of the page when you edit a trail.

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
1) Are regional admins the only ones with access to this tool or can we bottom-feeders split trails as well?

2) Whether using your tool or "crop and save" as described earlier, how do we handle naming the new segments? I'm guessing one of the segments of the original trail will keep the original name? (If we start splitting up trails in popular areas, with the attendant changes of name, the chaos will be off the map, so to speak. And don't even start to think about trail name signs!)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010756
Mobile Version of Website