moving "down" from a strive... where to go?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
moving "down" from a strive... where to go?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
Hi all, bear with me for my english I'm not a native speaker. Actually riding a strive cf '19, and i must say the bike is fun and everything went fine in the past 2 years. I'm not a big shredder, just a normal rider that enjoys park days and long alpine trails (i live just at the foot of mont blanc), i got 3 parks around my home (Pila, La Thuile and Cervinia) so in a season i spend maybe 15-20 days at a park and the rest on natural trails. I'm beginning to think I'm probably overbiked and should move to something more agile on the uphills, sincerely i really got caught in all the new geometry trend (steeper and slacker) but I'm not so sure on what to get at a reasonable price. Probably the closest thing is a spectral 29 or a stumpy evo, seeing as all the classifications got changed lately (150mm is more am/enduro territory than trail i believe) I'm a bit lost on what bike to look for, another modern geo enduro (love the propain tyee)? a trail a la stumpjumper or a la spectral29? Thnks for all the help and suggestions.
Ps: my usual rode is about 700mt d+ and 25km two times a week, longer rides on the weekends

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
Have you considered a Hightower?

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
I'm quite interested in the Deviate Highlander, it's a 150mm high pivot 29er, and might be worth looking at.
Also the Atherton 150mm 29er looks pretty good to me.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
Look at the 22 Orbea Occam LT

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
Why do you think you're overbiked? In theory, I think you have the perfect type of bike for "some park but mostly trail". I think Stumpjumper EVO or Spectral 29 will be pretty similar, though you may appreciate the better geometry. So I'm curious as to what situations you're getting in to where you feel like that.

Honestly you CAN ride something like an Orbea Occam or Stumpjumper at the bike park, but I wouldn't want to do it for 15 days a season. I can find the bottom of a bike like that on a normal trail ride here in CO.

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
I use my Hightower for the same sort of riding. Decent at the all mountain stuff but is pretty damn good at the park.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.004922
Mobile Version of Website