2022 Specialized FOX FLOAT X Performance

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
2022 Specialized FOX FLOAT X Performance
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
So did this legit work ? Going to do this to mine if so ?
enilson wrote:
I have a 2022 Bronson with the OE "Performance" Float X and came across this thread when doing some general research on the shock. I wanted to come back and share my experience in hopes of helping others.

I went ahead and ordered the LSC kit from Fox that was mentioned earlier in the thread (# 808-17-470-KIT) and installed it on the Float X. Popping off the black cover and installing the adjuster was super straightforward and took about 15 minutes, the hardest part was not losing the small springs and balls. In my opinion, the LSC adjustment has a significant impact on the shock and is well worth the small effort and price (about $25).

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: May 5, 2022 at 6:22 Quote
sullzz wrote:
Has anyone tried changing their LSC position with the standard black cap (not the blue LSC dial?). My Rallon comes with the LSC set at Medium and I would like to try light.

I tried turning the black cap with my hand, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

I'm thinking you have to remove the shock from the bike and pop that cap off, but I figured I would check to see if anyone has done it yet.

This guy did (w/ pics) https://www.mtbr.com/threads/2022-fox-float-x.1181456/post-15537532

O+
Posted: May 5, 2022 at 12:17 Quote
dolface wrote:
sullzz wrote:
Has anyone tried changing their LSC position with the standard black cap (not the blue LSC dial?). My Rallon comes with the LSC set at Medium and I would like to try light.

I tried turning the black cap with my hand, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

I'm thinking you have to remove the shock from the bike and pop that cap off, but I figured I would check to see if anyone has done it yet.

This guy did (w/ pics) https://www.mtbr.com/threads/2022-fox-float-x.1181456/post-15537532

Thanks for the link! I just tried that and it worked for me

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 14:01 Quote
enilson wrote:
I have a 2022 Bronson with the OE "Performance" Float X and came across this thread when doing some general research on the shock. I wanted to come back and share my experience in hopes of helping others.

I went ahead and ordered the LSC kit from Fox that was mentioned earlier in the thread (# 808-17-470-KIT) and installed it on the Float X. Popping off the black cover and installing the adjuster was super straightforward and took about 15 minutes, the hardest part was not losing the small springs and balls. In my opinion, the LSC adjustment has a significant impact on the shock and is well worth the small effort and price (about $25).

photo

photo

photo

photo

Hey man, can you update me on this modification?

How is it, can you feel the adjustment?

Any issues?

Posted: May 10, 2022 at 10:12 Quote
Still works great and no issues at all. It has made a noticeable difference in my opinion. The Float X on my Bronson came set completely open, or "soft" in terms of what is printed on the dial. Adding 3-4 clicks of LSC did just what I was hoping – it's now slightly less active and has more support/control on flow trails/jump trails.

With that said, I'll turn it back to fully open for more natural/raw trails as I appreciated the added small bump compliance and traction. And generally speaking, those trails ride a bit slower and don't need the support of the faster ones.

Posted: May 10, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
I called FOX Racing to order the kit but they told me I have to be a dealer to order this specific kit. So I called my LBS and had them order it for me today, no problem. I should have the kit within a week. Thanks for posting this and for the update.

enilson wrote:

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
Just fitted mine, a bit fiddly but got there in the end

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2022 at 17:43 Quote
My LBS is saying they can't order the part, as anyone ordered it very recently?

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2022 at 7:42 Quote
Jerdup wrote:

The part can be out of stock.. I know we didnt have a ton of the lsc knob kits in stock at the west coast service center in Reno..

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 5:16 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Jerdup wrote:

The part can be out of stock.. I know we didnt have a ton of the lsc knob kits in stock at the west coast service center in Reno..

Mine is back-ordered until the end of July.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 16:56 Quote
How do you determine what the initial setting is with the black cap on relative to ‘clicks’ with the new blue parts?

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 20:21 Quote
myw wrote:
How do you determine what the initial setting is with the black cap on relative to ‘clicks’ with the new blue parts?

There's a small notch in the cover that points to the preset position, this one is set to 10 "clicks" out/full open:

photo

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 14:58 Quote
enilson wrote:
Still works great and no issues at all. It has made a noticeable difference in my opinion. The Float X on my Bronson came set completely open, or "soft" in terms of what is printed on the dial. Adding 3-4 clicks of LSC did just what I was hoping – it's now slightly less active and has more support/control on flow trails/jump trails.

With that said, I'll turn it back to fully open for more natural/raw trails as I appreciated the added small bump compliance and traction. And generally speaking, those trails ride a bit slower and don't need the support of the faster ones.

How did you get the knob over the detente housings? I can't figure out how to keep them compressed enough to get the knob to slide home...

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 15:22 Quote
dolface wrote:
How did you get the knob over the detente housings? I can't figure out how to keep them compressed enough to get the knob to slide home...

To answer my own question; with the knob in position (and oriented correctly to slide all the way down over the shaft) I pressed down on the knob , pushed in one detente assembly and tilted the knob just enough to cover the end and keep it retracted. Repeat for the other 3 detente assemblies.

A bit fiddly indeed.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 20:30 Quote
dolface wrote:
dolface wrote:

To answer my own question; with the knob in position (and oriented correctly to slide all the way down over the shaft) I pressed down on the knob , pushed in one detente assembly and tilted the knob just enough to cover the end and keep it retracted. Repeat for the other 3 detente assemblies.

A bit fiddly indeed.

Took me quite a while to install the kit. I was getting frustrated for a bit because the detents kept popping off. So I learned that the trick is not to push the detents all the way and leave a small space on all four for the knob to slide right in.

I waited almost 3 months for mine to come through my LBS. So with the addition of the LSC knob, does that make it a 'factory' instead of the 'performance' shock?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017378
Mobile Version of Website