2022 Specialized FOX FLOAT X Performance

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
2022 Specialized FOX FLOAT X Performance
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 21:30 Quote
ROne21 wrote:
dolface wrote:
dolface wrote:
How did you get the knob over the detente housings? I can't figure out how to keep them compressed enough to get the knob to slide home...

To answer my own question; with the knob in position (and oriented correctly to slide all the way down over the shaft) I pressed down on the knob , pushed in one detente assembly and tilted the knob just enough to cover the end and keep it retracted. Repeat for the other 3 detente assemblies.

A bit fiddly indeed.

Took me quite a while to install the kit. I was getting frustrated for a bit because the detents kept popping off. So I learned that the trick is not to push the detents all the way and leave a small space on all four for the knob to slide right in.

I waited almost 3 months for mine to come through my LBS. So with the addition of the LSC knob, does that make it a 'factory' instead of the 'performance' shock?

K A S H I M A

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
enilson wrote:
I have a 2022 Bronson with the OE "Performance" Float X and came across this thread when doing some general research on the shock. I wanted to come back and share my experience in hopes of helping others.

I went ahead and ordered the LSC kit from my LBS (Fox wouldn't let me order it straight from them) that was mentioned earlier in the thread (# 808-17-470-KIT) and installed it on the Float X. Popping off the black cover and installing the adjuster was super straightforward and took about 15 minutes, the hardest part was not losing the small springs and balls. In my opinion, the LSC adjustment has a significant impact on the shock and is well worth the small effort and price (about $25).

Did you use the 5th, smaller ball bearing?

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 10:01 Quote
I don’t believe so. I think it’s the preexisting one that’s under the black cap and shown in my second photo.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
I think it makes it a Performance Elite…

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 15:26 Quote
Hi, thank you for this post it is helpful, did you order just the LSC knob, or did it come with springs and detente housings? I will try to order through my LBS tomorrow, can't find anything useful on Fox.

enilson wrote:
Still works great and no issues at all. It has made a noticeable difference in my opinion. The Float X on my Bronson came set completely open, or "soft" in terms of what is printed on the dial. Adding 3-4 clicks of LSC did just what I was hoping – it's now slightly less active and has more support/control on flow trails/jump trails.

With that said, I'll turn it back to fully open for more natural/raw trails as I appreciated the added small bump compliance and traction. And generally speaking, those trails ride a bit slower and don't need the support of the faster ones.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 15:39 Quote
It's a kit and comes w/ all the bits. Mine was 808-17-470-KIT

Stratbuzz wrote:
Hi, thank you for this post it is helpful, did you order just the LSC knob, or did it come with springs and detente housings? I will try to order through my LBS tomorrow, can't find anything useful on Fox.

enilson wrote:
Still works great and no issues at all. It has made a noticeable difference in my opinion. The Float X on my Bronson came set completely open, or "soft" in terms of what is printed on the dial. Adding 3-4 clicks of LSC did just what I was hoping – it's now slightly less active and has more support/control on flow trails/jump trails.

With that said, I'll turn it back to fully open for more natural/raw trails as I appreciated the added small bump compliance and traction. And generally speaking, those trails ride a bit slower and don't need the support of the faster ones.

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 11:06 Quote
Try to rotate it with a bit of inner tube around

Posted: Aug 28, 2022 at 3:29 Quote
Hey guys ,
On a similar topic.... does anyones float X make a feint metallic sound when up-ended? Eg lifting the bike up/tilting down or just shaking the shock etc.

I believe its the thin washer that sits above the "bottom out" bumper in the air can shifting up and down. Undid my can , pushed the bumper/washer right up and it went away but came back after some trail riding.

Any input? Cheers

Posted: Aug 28, 2022 at 18:27 Quote
DirtSurfing wrote:
Hey guys ,
On a similar topic.... does anyones float X make a feint metallic sound when up-ended? Eg lifting the bike up/tilting down or just shaking the shock etc.

I believe its the thin washer that sits above the "bottom out" bumper in the air can shifting up and down. Undid my can , pushed the bumper/washer right up and it went away but came back after some trail riding.

Any input? Cheers

Yes that noise can happen. The plate can rattle on the damper shaft making some metallic noises. Happens on many air shocks these days.quite a few all have a plate on the shaft like the float x.

Can also be the travel spacer plate coming loose on the bearing. Check the two 2mm screws next time you take air sleeve off for torque.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008176
Mobile Version of Website