2021 Fox Float X2 leaking oil from interface between shaft and piggyback

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
2021 Fox Float X2 leaking oil from interface between shaft and piggyback
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 22:54 Quote
Hi team, thoughts on my X2? After about 30 hours use from its last full service, having had about 160hours total over its 9 months, it has decided to leak oil out from between the shaft and where that meets the piggyback reservoir. Is this fixable or is it replacement job?

I can see others have experienced it too (here)

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 1:55 Quote
squintyfox wrote:
Hi team, thoughts on my X2? After about 30 hours use from it's last full service, having had about 160hours total over its 9 months, it has decided to leak oil out from between the shaft and where that meets the piggyback reservoir. Is this fixable or is it replacement job?

I can see others have experienced it too (here)

photo
photo
photo
photo

interesting, id be curious what blueshark NZ said about that, id believe that's warranty worthy IMO.

Why do so many people have issues with X2's? seen alot of issues recently most people literally blowing them up.
Pay a premium for Fox but i dont feel like you get a premium product anymore?

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
It's getting sent off for an assessment at Blueshark now. Will report back so that this info may help someone else in the future.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
Just to close off the loop for any future referencing of this, it sounded as though there was a crack in the upper stanchion where it threads into the upper trunnion casting piece. Quick warranty job in the end.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 16:54 Quote
This has happened to be twice this season, it's currently out for another rebuild. I have spoken to my shop about it and this is common. I also just blew out my fox DHX2 I got to run while the x2 gets rebuilt.

I'm not sure what is going on with fox, I ride my bike for sure, but i'm 160lbs and I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary.

I hope you have better luck with the rebuild!

Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
I too have had several incidents with Fox Float X2 failures. I am on my 3rd shock in 18 months, all under warranty. It's really a bummer because the shock performs flawlessly until it fails without warning.

Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 6:05 Quote
I have the same problem, but my shock is out of warranty and best shot I'v got is having the stanchion replaced , I have a local mechanic to do it for me, but he doesn't have part for this,

currently looking for this part number

204-18-609 outer kashima stanchion for
2021 float x2 205x65

Its quite hard to find the exact part number, anybody got some experience on stanchion replacement on fox 205x65 shock?

will the older stanchion model x2 will work on newer one 2021 model? they have different part number,

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2023 at 8:32 Quote
neuesten2 wrote:
I have the same problem, but my shock is out of warranty and best shot I'v got is having the stanchion replaced , I have a local mechanic to do it for me, but he doesn't have part for this,

currently looking for this part number

204-18-609 outer kashima stanchion for
2021 float x2 205x65

Its quite hard to find the exact part number, anybody got some experience on stanchion replacement on fox 205x65 shock?

will the older stanchion model x2 will work on newer one 2021 model? they have different part number,

pretty sure fox is replacing these with a newer stronger one. mine got replaced for free when i sent it in for service and a tune.

send it to fox. people need to stop sending their broken shit to 3rd parties. the manufacturer doesn't see these failures when people do this. the more the manufacturer sees the more likely they will take action. if i snt my shock to a third party i never would have had the (free) upgrades done and surely it would fail sooner. /rant

here is what the service person told me via email:

Me:
Hello
items have been received and look great. I can't wait to ride them in the new year. I just had a question on the X2 service. There are 2 line items for upgrading the body and trunnion eyelet on the X2. Are you able to elaborate on why this was done? Thank you.

Fox:
Hey Brian,
Those are 2 redesigned parts that we are replacing just for better reliability.
Please let us know if you have any further question.
Thanks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016436
Mobile Version of Website