Crank question…need a little help

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Crank question…need a little help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2021 at 6:37 Quote
I just picked up a 2022 switchblade, the owner before me installed race face carbon cranks that are to long for me. I’d like to swap them out but don’t know what cranks are compatible with the superboost spacing. My first thought was to get a set of XT’s, but I don’t know much about the race face cinch stuff and didn’t know if the XTs would fit with the bottom bracket used for the race face cranks, I dont really want to replace the BB as well…

So really just looking to find out what cranks will slide right in and fit after I remove the race face cinch cranks

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 11:50 Quote
Anytime I have a question about my Mach 5.5 or my Firebird I use the chat function on Pivot's website. They always answer any questions quickly. https://www.pivotcycles.com/en/

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
Awesome thank you

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
Raceface use the offset built into the chainring correct the chainline for rear axel spacing so you just need to pick up a crankset with the correct spindle length and diameter, the easiest way to confirm is just pull the cranks and measure and then order something matching, RF has a handy set of charts for determining what'll work for your bike if
you want to see what else might work https://res.cloudinary.com/fox-factory/image/upload/v1600385412/images/d9715b92f0f94eadb807eb34529905adfc447228_Crank_Q_factors_and_chainlines___16th_April_2020.pdf

From pivots website:
What cranks will the Switchblade accept?
The Switchblade will accept all cranks designed for the Super Boost Plus 157 system and compatible with a press fit 92mm bottom bracket. The Super Boost Plus system is based on several standard cranks in the market. When you purchase your Switchblade complete from Pivot, PRO XT/XTR and RACE XT level builds will feature a custom spindle Race Face Aeffect SL or Ride crankset to optimize the chainline. TEAM XTR builds feature a special Race Face Next R crank with Cinch spindle. SRAM equipped Switchblade’s from Pivot come equipped with SRAM cranks with chainrings and/or spindles optimized for the 56.5mm Super Boost Plus chain line.

The standard Race Face Turbine and Aeffect SL cranks with the Cinch chainring flipped is also fully compatible with the Super Boost Plus 157 system (although the chainline will be approximately 1mm outboard compared to the custom configurations provided with our complete bike offerings). One Up (Switch Spider and chainring system) and Wolf Tooth both offer Super Boost Plus spiders and/or chainrings to make standard SRAM GXP and DUB cranks Super Boost Plus compatible. One Up information can be found at: https://www.oneupcomponents.com/collections/switch/products/switch-sdm?variant=31481758337 SRAM has also added some new Super Boost Plus specific crank options to their lineup.

The Switchblade will accept cranks with a standard Q factor measurement as low as 168mm and featuring a 56-57mm chainline. Several other crank manufacturers are working on compatible designs that will be available in the market in the very near future.

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
Well that’s awesome information thanks you so much!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004647
Mobile Version of Website