Mixing Shimano BR-MT420 with BL-M7100 SLX lever or BL-M675 Lever

PB Forum :: Shimano
Mixing Shimano BR-MT420 with BL-M7100 SLX lever or BL-M675 Lever
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 18:33 Quote
Does any one knows if it is possible to mix the MT420 Calipers (4 pots) with one of this levers (BL M675 or M7100 Levers)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Jose

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 1:49 Quote
I've mixed M7000 levers with 2 pot M7100 calipers and all works fine. You can use either lever even with 4 pot calipers and all use BH90 hoses.

I suggest putting on some new insert and olive hose fittings just to make sure you don't chance getting any leaks at the lever connection.

Which one you decide to use doesn't matter, except for the different i-spec brake/shifter mount standards between the M675 and M7100 levers if it's relevant to your cockpit set up.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 6:31 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
I've mixed M7000 levers with 2 pot M7100 calipers and all works fine. You can use either lever even with 4 pot calipers and all use BH90 hoses.

I suggest putting on some new insert and olive hose fittings just to make sure you don't chance getting any leaks at the lever connection.

Which one you decide to use doesn't matter, except for the different i-spec brake/shifter mount standards between the M675 and M7100 levers if it's relevant to your cockpit set up.


Thanks for your quick reply. I have just bought a new bike that came with the BR-MT420 calipers and i feel a good break power. However i don't like the brake levers, so i was wondering if i could buy the MT7100(7120) brake levers and use them with those calipers (trying to expense less).

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
Rucaryl wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:
I've mixed M7000 levers with 2 pot M7100 calipers and all works fine. You can use either lever even with 4 pot calipers and all use BH90 hoses.

I suggest putting on some new insert and olive hose fittings just to make sure you don't chance getting any leaks at the lever connection.

Which one you decide to use doesn't matter, except for the different i-spec brake/shifter mount standards between the M675 and M7100 levers if it's relevant to your cockpit set up.


Thanks for your quick reply. I have just bought a new bike that came with the BR-MT420 calipers and i feel a good break power. However i don't like the brake levers, so i was wondering if i could buy the MT7100(7120) brake levers and use them with those calipers (trying to expense less).

No worries. A little confusing but I guess where your from there might be slightly different model numbers as some MT_ _ _ _ *(T for trekking) levers are different in the U.K.

Anyway yes you could use M7100 levers with your calipers. There is no difference in levers whether they are used with 2 or 4 pot calipers.

Worth the money and a good upgrade imo as you will benefit from servowave lever action, etc. for better feel and modulation. All will go together nicely and perform well.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Reaperactual wrote:
Rucaryl wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:
I've mixed M7000 levers with 2 pot M7100 calipers and all works fine. You can use either lever even with 4 pot calipers and all use BH90 hoses.

I suggest putting on some new insert and olive hose fittings just to make sure you don't chance getting any leaks at the lever connection.

Which one you decide to use doesn't matter, except for the different i-spec brake/shifter mount standards between the M675 and M7100 levers if it's relevant to your cockpit set up.


Thanks for your quick reply. I have just bought a new bike that came with the BR-MT420 calipers and i feel a good break power. However i don't like the brake levers, so i was wondering if i could buy the MT7100(7120) brake levers and use them with those calipers (trying to expense less).

No worries. A little confusing but I guess where your from there might be slightly different model numbers as some MT_ _ _ _ *(T for trekking) levers are different in the U.K.

Anyway yes you could use M7100 levers with your calipers. There is no difference in levers whether they are used with 2 or 4 pot calipers.

Worth the money and a good upgrade imo as you will benefit from servowave lever action, etc. for better feel and modulation. All will go together nicely and perform well.

Thank you very much!!!!! I will go with the M7100 Levers

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
No worries, you're welcome. Enjoy your new upgraded brake set up! Beer

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Active Forum Threads
8 mins ago - 22 EVO Comp Alloy coming ..
11 mins ago - Holowgram crakced crank scalpel 2 2021
14 mins ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
14 mins ago - YT Jeffsy 29 Thread
17 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
19 mins ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
30 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
34 mins ago - HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei,Japan
36 mins ago - Love Spells Which Manifests In 24 hours {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei
37 mins ago - Tallboy v4 Lower link
38 mins ago - Best Online Love Spell Caster to get your Ex Lover +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
38 mins ago - Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
40 mins ago - Money Rituals That Really Work +27735257866 in South Africa,USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe,UAE
41 mins ago - Most Effective Money Spells to Get Rich in South Africa +27735257866 USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe (BMX)
43 mins ago - High Quality SSD Solution for Cleaning Black Money in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
48 mins ago - Crank question…need a little help
49 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
52 mins ago - SSD Chemical for Defaced Notes in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Kenya
53 mins ago - Ssd Super Automatic Solution in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland
55 mins ago - DX-1 SSD Solution and Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
56 mins ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
56 mins ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?
58 mins ago - Burnaby Biking
1 hours ago - All Things Meta 29er!
1 hours ago - Osta gamma-butyrolaktoni GBL verkossa, Osta fenyyliasetoni verkosta, (BMX)

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005974
Mobile Version of Website