New Trail Edit Page

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
New Trail Edit Page
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
Looks like the new trail edit page has rolled out. Will there be a post of some sort explaining some of the new things or changes?

How does snapping trails together work now? When editing a trail its not very apparent if the trail snaps to the correct spot or not.

Having the heat map on this edit page is a great addition, rather than the jumble of blue lines on the old one!

What does "enable interactive map" do?

Not a huge deal, but it looks like the very bottom of the map goes beyond what is visible on the browser page (using Edge, at least):

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
About the trail snapping thing - how do we get them to snap together?

For example - I tried creating a personal route, which includes the trail linked below. This trail and the blue one next to it called vortex don't appear to be snapped together.

So when my route gets to the end of Vortex and I select Klondike, it selects all of Klondike and not just the next segment of it. I tried snapping them together, but it appears to have not done anything..

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/klondike/

Mod Outside+
Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
map below page already fixed.

The edit map has no trail highlight or clickability on trails and pois by default, unless you select "enable interactive map".

Currently there is only snapping when drawing a NEW trail. Editing the points on an existing trail has not snapping atm in the UI. It will attempt to snap when you save on the backend.

The routing in the route planner never updates right away, snapping or not. We are only updating the routing network at about once a month frequency right now. As I have to do it manually, until we get a proper IT staff sorted.

Mod Outside+
Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 15:50 Quote
Until there is snapping while editing an existing trail, just move the point within 3 meters of the trail you want it to snap too. And it should be snapped after you save on the backend.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 16:16 Quote
canadaka wrote:
map below page already fixed.

The edit map has no trail highlight or clickability on trails and pois by default, unless you select "enable interactive map".

Currently there is only snapping when drawing a NEW trail. Editing the points on an existing trail has not snapping atm in the UI. It will attempt to snap when you save on the backend.

The routing in the route planner never updates right away, snapping or not. We are only updating the routing network at about once a month frequency right now. As I have to do it manually, until we get a proper IT staff sorted.

You hiring? Wink

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
Not sure if a bug or ??, but when I zoom in all the way while editing a trail, the trail lines all disappear.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005532
Mobile Version of Website