At it Again Dj build 2.0: Yeti Dj

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
At it Again Dj build 2.0: Yeti Dj
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
Last year I decided to build a DJ as a covid project and settle on a 2020 Marin Alcatraz. Never had build a bike before and ended up catching the building bug so then I build my nephew a 2021 Commencal Meta HT. Now I'm back at it again with an other Dj build.

For this build I acquired a medium 2011 Yeti Dj at least that's what I think it is based on serial number and it has the tapered head tube. I finally got spank 32 wheels, Race face cranks and a sweet 2021 Fox 831, not sure if I'll keep the fox fork on the Yeti or put it on the Alcatraz, heck I might build it as sell it since I don't need two Djs but for now just want to build/ride it.

So what ideas do you all have for this build?

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 16:35 Quote
Desticker the 831s, maybe do black decals for some subtle branding. Title bar, stem and seat. DMR pedals, either black v11s or vaults. Turquoise hydras laced to Stans flow mk4s for the dream build lol

Keep the thread updated!

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
Jeddi7 wrote:
Desticker the 831s, maybe do black decals for some subtle branding. Title bar, stem and seat. DMR pedals, either black v11s or vaults. Turquoise hydras laced to Stans flow mk4s for the dream build lol

Keep the thread updated!

Love the thought about the turquoise hydras I have a set off them with black and silvers spokes laced to i9 300 rims they are currently on my Alcatraz.. DMR vaults are awesome I had the oil slicks on my enduro.

Though about just getting black decals on the fork for sure I'm still sure if i want to keep the bike one i build it out since i really only need one DJ but building them is so fun.

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 8:57 Quote

Bike is slowly coming together, I having trouble deciding if I want to move over the i9 wheels that I currently have on my Alcatraz to the Yeti. As off right now the only accents on the Yeti are the reserve ss spacer kit and the Deity steam and maybe I'll get teal grips everything else will be black.

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
Either way would be nice. Turquoise grips would look fitting if you kept the hubs black, then not too matchy matchy

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006180
Mobile Version of Website