Does anyone own one of these bikes
I think my biggest concern is weight
Anything anybody can tell me the pro and cons would be appreciated

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
stateguy wrote:

A good friend I ride with has one and loves it. He’s a roadie, but come winter he’s plenty fast on his Farley 5 and he loves that bike.

It is heavier, but solving that takes money. I dont think its any heavier than similarly spec’d bikes

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 19:07 Quote
rocksandrocks wrote:
stateguy wrote:

A good friend I ride with has one and loves it. He’s a roadie, but come winter he’s plenty fast on his Farley 5 and he loves that bike.

It is heavier, but solving that takes money. I dont think its any heavier than similarly spec’d bikes

Thanks for responding to my question
I wanted a 9.6 which is about 600 more. And it has better components
But I have the opportunity to buy the farley 7 and it less money and not all gx components like the 9.6 has
But I am not sure how the weight going to effect the bike( 8 lb ) difference
And god only knows when a 9.6 will be available in bike store
The bike pretty heavy I must say

Posted: Nov 24, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
I've had one since mid October, rode it on the dry trails until the snow. Studded the Gnarwhall's, and started riding on the snow covered trails. I changed the bar and stem to a spank split 40mm stem and an 35mm, 780mm oozy bar. Love this bike. It's definitely heavy but is a ton of fun. I'll put 3.8" tires on it for the summer. Great all around bike.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
I have a farley 5 and it's great. Heavier than the carbon bikes but lighter than the Rocky blizzards. No heavier than the specialized fatboys. Good price. The level brakes could be better but they stop me enough. The biggest reason I think the bike is heavy is the rims.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 17:06 Quote
I have the Farley 5 as well. No idea what it weighs, certainly not a concern. With the stock rims and tires (27.5 x 4.5 Gnarwhals) and 1x 10 drive train, it’s the best climbing bike I have ever ridden!

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
I hear you on that. Lots of people believe you dont need to have a light fatbike because they are inherently heavy with the tires etc, but I like a light fatbike. They are basically XC bikes you ride on snow, so I prefer to carry the least amount of weight I can afford.

I’m currently building up a light weight Otso build; Atomik Patty rims, Onyx hubs, BERD spokes, MT8 brakes, carbon bars, cranks, light weigh seat and a Fox Tranfer dropper with heavy Wrathlorde tires. Even with that I’m think 25+ LBS

stateguy wrote:
rocksandrocks wrote:
stateguy wrote:

Thanks for responding to my question
I wanted a 9.6 which is about 600 more. And it has better components
But I have the opportunity to buy the farley 7 and it less money and not all gx components like the 9.6 has
But I am not sure how the weight going to effect the bike( 8 lb ) difference
And god only knows when a 9.6 will be available in bike store
The bike pretty heavy I must say

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
I have a 2018 farley 9.6. Mine has a pnw dropper, turbine crank, x1 11 speed. Carbon bars, gnarwhal studded tires.

Bike rips, its lighter than the 7 by a decent amount with the mastodon.

They haven’t changed the carbon bikes since 2017.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005013
Mobile Version of Website