Powered by Outside

Trailforks mistake in the Gatineau Park

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Trailforks mistake in the Gatineau Park
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
All the trails in the Gatineau park are ebike accessible as per the CCN's website (only "ebikes" without pedals aren't allowed on any of the park's trails and bike paths) but on Trailforks all trails are registered as ebikes not being accepted... I can't seem to find how to change that though and I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to...

I'm not an ebike rider, but I think it's important to have the right information present on the website...

O+
Posted: May 15, 2023 at 9:57 Quote
This does need updating and to be fair the NCC hasn't made the rules crystal clear as the page for Gatineau Park only discusses eBikes in the context of the Capital Pathways, not under the heading of mountain biking. The NCC explicitly spell out a ban of ebikes that provide assistance without pedaling (I.e. throttle controlled powered machines that don't require the rider to pedal) in the context of the Capital Pathways. They do not forbid Class 1 ("pedelec or power-assisted") mountain bikes.

I've been riding my eMTB on the trails for two years now and my friends for a couple years longer. The occasional spandalero likes weigh in about no ebikes allowed and I just smile and wave. Yesterday some DB chirped at me on trail 1, which is literally a doubletrack fire road you can drive a truck on. I just smiked and told him to put some clothes on.

Posted: May 15, 2023 at 13:07 Quote
MatLax00 wrote:
All the trails in the Gatineau park are ebike accessible as per the CCN's website (only "ebikes" without pedals aren't allowed on any of the park's trails and bike paths) but on Trailforks all trails are registered as ebikes not being accepted... I can't seem to find how to change that though and I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to...

I'm not an ebike rider, but I think it's important to have the right information present on the website...

Easy to fix.
Open the trail you want to fix in TF on your PC.
Click the yellow tab in the upper right labeled "Add/Edit"
That exposes a menu. Select "edit trail"
The page will open that gives you all the options to change, modify, add or delete.
Scroll down to the section to add e-bike and change e-bikes allowed from "no" to "yes"
Scroll all the way down and click "SUBMIT" button.

Repeat on the rest of the trails in the park and you're done.

Good Luck.
photo

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008347
Mobile Version of Website