close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Spur-Duro anyone?

PB Forum :: Transition
Spur-Duro anyone?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 20:14 Quote
I just got the Spur and love it. I've had some solid rides on it and have been setting some PRs up and down hill with this bad boy. But, I'm always testing different setups on my bikes whether its manufacture recommended or not. I also have different setups depending on how and where I ride.

I read some folks have been putting 130 travel forks and other shocks. So, I now have a 130 Pike with a Push HC97 damper on the way. I'm planning to test fit an Ohlins TTX Air shock. The Cane Creek DB IL Coil looks cool to try out as well.

Have you swapped out your suspension on the Spur? What did you use and how does it work for you?

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
Rusty-Russ wrote:
I just got the Spur and love it. I've had some solid rides on it and have been setting some PRs up and down hill with this bad boy. But, I'm always testing different setups on my bikes whether its manufacture recommended or not. I also have different setups depending on how and where I ride.

I read some folks have been putting 130 travel forks and other shocks. So, I now have a 130 Pike with a Push HC97 damper on the way. I'm planning to test fit an Ohlins TTX Air shock. The Cane Creek DB IL Coil looks cool to try out as well.

Have you swapped out your suspension on the Spur? What did you use and how does it work for you?

I put on a 34 SC and Factory DPS on mine. Not necessarily as "Spur-Duro" as you are talking about, but I wouldn't think twice about going to 130 on the front. I found the DPS to be a major upgrade over the SID. FWIW I raced this setup in an actual enduro race in Hood River Oregon and took 3rd. Bike is way capable of just about anything already.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 16:28 Quote
Hukriede, good job on the race! I have the 130 pike on it now and it still feels great. I had an -1 degree angle set with the SID on and that was fine too. I have the shock hardware for testing new setups as well as the WWC upper needle bearing to smooth out the bump compliance even more. I'll post my opinion on any rear shock I test.

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
I swapped to a Fox 34 130 Grip2 up front, & a Float X in the rear. The 2022 Fox 34 has an axle to crown of 544mm. I am dropping a 2019 Fox 36 that I have in the parts bin down to 140mm which will have an A2C of 547....only 3mm higher just to see how it feels. I can easily remove a 5mm Spacer under the stem to keep stack the same..If it doesn't feel right, I'll drop the 36 to 130.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
jzdyrko, with a Fox 36 and a float x, this very much in Spurduro country. Nice build!

I just put an Ohlins TTX air on mine and what a difference! I feel like this a trail weapon now. It transformed from a all-country bike to a short travel trail ripper, punching way over its weight class. I'm stoked!

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 20:29 Quote
Fox 36 installed, definitely a short travel trail ripper now.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
Rusty-Russ wrote:
jzdyrko, with a Fox 36 and a float x, this very much in Spurduro country. Nice build!

I just put an Ohlins TTX air on mine and what a difference! I feel like this a trail weapon now. It transformed from a all-country bike to a short travel trail ripper, punching way over its weight class. I'm stoked!

How's that TTX working for you. Ohlins makes great stuff, I was thinking about trying the TTX1 but couldn't get a hold of one. I loved the Ohlins STX22Air on my Evil Insurgent years ago.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
Rusty-Russ wrote:

Can you post a pic of the shock fully compressed with the spring off? Curious as to how close the reservoir gets to the frame.

Thanks!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
bikebasher wrote:
Rusty-Russ wrote:

Can you post a pic of the shock fully compressed with the spring off? Curious as to how close the reservoir gets to the frame.

Thanks!
Not very close at all I would assume the TTX Air should have even more room

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006930
Mobile Version of Website