close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Warranty experience

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Warranty experience
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 1:31 Quote
My Bronson has a cracked seat stay and I submitted a warranty claim in August. It's now end of October and I have not heard a single word from Santa Cruz. The claim was submitted through my dealer and they haven't been able to contact SC either. It's a bit disappointing as one reason I paid the high price for SC was the warranty support. But with the incredible delays globally I can understand things. That said, a response would be helpful. I'm wondering if this is normal and if others have had similar recent experience?

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 2:09 Quote
I had this issue with marin, giant and then with crankbrothers. Depending on where you live - quite often the store has to deal with it and then they sort it out with the Manf.

My experience with marin was no reply to emails/phone calls, so the shop just took the frame and gave me a new Sight frame and they would sort out with marin.

Giant, incorrectly built Reign frame from factory(main lower shock bolt had wrong nut on end an caused it to push onto the carbon and push the link into the main frame) the shop didnt notice this as why would they it was brand new out of box - Giant eventually replied but tried to deny warranty...shop looked at frame and said itll be ok to ride and orderd me a pro 0 frame which then giant came on board, The replacement frame WAS DAMAGED IN THE BOX, shop refunded me the whole bike and said sorry(so got a bunch of free riding out of it)

So see what the shop can offer you, dont be too harsh on them as its also not their fault.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
1. Did you register your bike with SC when you bought it new?

2. Have you filed a warranty claim on their website?

3. If not, do so. If so, email them directly with your serial number to check status.

I would not depend solely on a dealer. If I had done that, I would not have gotten my frame warrantied.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
gmoss wrote:
1. Did you register your bike with SC when you bought it new?

yes

2. Have you filed a warranty claim on their website?

no - i was relying on the dealer

3. If not, do so.

yeah will do. If so, email them directly with your serial number to check status.

I would not depend solely on a dealer. If I had done that, I would not have gotten my frame warrantied.

Think you might be right

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
The distance along with covid crap makes it tougher, but they won't be able to ignore your direct claim and I believe you will have better response at that point. Then, you can work with your dealer to handle the logistics. Good luck.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 3:48 Quote
jimfredo wrote:
My Bronson has a cracked seat stay and I submitted a warranty claim in August. It's now end of October and I have not heard a single word from Santa Cruz. The claim was submitted through my dealer and they haven't been able to contact SC either. It's a bit disappointing as one reason I paid the high price for SC was the warranty support. But with the incredible delays globally I can understand things. That said, a response would be helpful. I'm wondering if this is normal and if others have had similar recent experience?

I submitted a warranty claim back in January for my Nomad directly with SC. Still not got the replacement. So don't expect anything quickly.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
An update, for what it's worth, the dealer (Bike24) who said they lodged claim in fact did not. It has taken me 3 months to find out that their claim was not submitted to Santa Cruz properly. I have now lodged the claim myself and will await SC's response. Bike24 are a big European webshop and huge range, stock, good prices etc... but the customer service process has been horrible. Too much time spent talking to service agents rather than the person actually dealing with the case. It's a lesson - times like this make me wish I had bought from the local bike shop!

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
Sorry to hear...but glad you are now on the right track.

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 21:11 Quote
Go direct with Santa Cruz’s warranty department. They are super backlogged but you will eventually get straightened out. I submitted a claim at their direction for the clear coat peeling on my frame (I actually just wanted to know if it was safe to spray some 2k clear over the peeling spots but Steve in the SC warranty dept. told me it was a defect and that it qualified for warranty replacement). I submitted it in August of 2020 and just received my replacement frame last week. Strange times we are living in, it’s unfortunate but we all have to accept that things don’t happen overnight anymore with the supply chain issues out there.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
To add a bit more data, I submitted a claim in in june 21 for a TT crack on my Bronson (v3). Monday, I got my V4 warranty replacement. So a couple of months of waiting, but the back and forth + updates on the delays were, as usual, fast and responsive. Go straight through SC's site, it's always the best solution. Anyway, they are the one making the decision, not the bike shop. Hope you get your replacement soon!

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006136
Mobile Version of Website